Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [metallicllama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wifeÂ’s factory P2 Di2 came with the 5 port, not a 3 port.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for letting me know. Still wish my bike came with the 5 port for future upgrade-ability, but not going to complain with the sale price.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [metallicllama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I upgraded my wife's P2 last night with the bar end shifters. It was dead easy, plug and play. She hasn't ridden it yet but seems like a very nice feature to have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remove the 3 port junction and install a 5 port junction.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [smboudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smboudreaux wrote:
I spend the extra $2800 on an $1800 groupset? And if i'm looking at the Cervelo site right that's basically how the line up is spec'd for 2018. p2 is only available in 105. p3 can be had ultegra or ultegra di2. Ive gotta be missing something.

Truth be told, looking at a new road bike myself and I notice a lot of companies do this. Same bike and the difference between a Ultegra Di2 model and a DA Di2 model is a lot more than the price difference in the groupsets. Yea, some slight changes in the bar/stem/seatpost.....but still no where near making up a difference in the bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The frames are virtually identical. There's a very minor difference in the forks that you'd be hard pressed to see if the two were side by side. Basically, you're paying for a group set and a nicer cockpit.

What are the primary cockpit differences?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rudimentary Profile cockpit on the P2 and a decent carbon cockpit in the P3.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SMJ wrote:
Quote:
The frames are virtually identical. There's a very minor difference in the forks that you'd be hard pressed to see if the two were side by side. Basically, you're paying for a group set and a nicer cockpit.

What are the primary cockpit differences?

I couldn’t tell you as they might change year to year and I don’t track the differences. Generally the P2 gets a low-end aluminum cockpit of some sort and the P3 gets a 3T carbon cockpit. Neither will be particularly good. I’d advise buying the P2 and investing in a good cockpit like an Alpha X
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Cervelo P2 vs P3 - same frame, different groupsets? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it; thank you both.
Quote Reply

Prev Next