Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

If that's legit, it needs to be cross posted into the trump good news thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are choosing to marginalize that culture's perfectly acceptable use of superlatives. Why?

Man, you are confusing me. I think you're just trolling me now. Are the rappers writing the articles too? Are the articles just aimed at the rap culture? If so, why are they showing up in my browser?
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"When your lyrics sound like they were written by Keith Olberman..."

"No longer authentic, daring or counter culture. I'm a washed up, whiny, middles aged cock- holster to be used as a political mouth piece to be used by the establishment..."
If Paul put his opinions to a poetic rap. He would destroy in a Rap battle.

PJW take.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
If so, why are they showing up in my browser?

A man with no browser control is no man at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That guy is British. He has no business commenting on American politics.

And holy shit, you linked to an Alex Jones guy?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Oct 12, 17 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
If so, why are they showing up in my browser?

A man with no browser control is no man at all.

I know, I hate it. I try, I think about nuns and dead cats and it doesn't help. I even hit it really hard when it starts to lose control and that only makes it worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to add facts to the discussion:

"Rap Music: Misogynistic Themes

One of the most disturbing aspects of rap music is its violent references to women. Over the years rappers have changed their focus from making music to making money and they have realized that sex and violence sells. It is seen that the most used forms of violence in rap are assault, rape and murder. Research shows that physical aggression is used to control the female and in ā€œmale-female interaction.ā€ (Armstrong, 2001, p. 102)

That same research shows that 22 percent of rap music deals with violent and misogynistic lyrics. However, one album stands above the rest in this area. Eminemā€™s ā€œThe Marshall Mathers LPā€ is packed with these themes and is the fastest selling rap album in history. In this record alone, 78 percent of its content is considered violent and misogynistic. More than that, 82 percent of his lyrics involved female murders, where rap music in general only has 31 percent in that area. Out of the 11 songs on the album, nine of them depict murders of women.(Armstrong, 2001)

While we see misogynistic themes expressed in rap music, we also see it throughout all genres of music. These ideas are not new to the music culture. Misogynistic imagery is seen in country music with ā€œmusicians lamenting about how some ā€˜no good women kicked him out, sold his truck, took his money, and slept with his best friendā€™ to rock-in-rollers screaming about their latest groupie sexual content.ā€ (Adams & Fuller, 2006, p. 940) This idea has found a place in the music industry. "

Its not ironic that he used a form of music that is "associated" with violence and misogyny. The ironic part is that HIS music has been associated with violence and misogyny.

As pointed out before, there are Christian rappers as well, not to mention the other 78% of the content of rap music. Is it ironic that Christians use rap music to glorify Jesus when the music is "associated with violence and misogyny? Of course not. Because there's nothing about rhyming to a beat that in any way relates what you are doing to someone else who also rhymes to a beat.

Wearing a mustache doesn't make you Hitler. Being a muslim doesn't make you a Jihadist. Being black and opposed to police brutality isn't ironic because *other* black people are violent criminals. Being pro gun doesn't mean that you have to be a Republican or anti-abortion.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Last edited by: BarryP: Oct 12, 17 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
gotsand wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Also, do you know his stance on homophobia?

He basically says that his (persistent) use of homophobic slurs is simply the misunderstood manifestation of the persona he portrays on his albums. The real 'slim shady' completely supports gay marriage and, "don't have a problem with nobody". It is amazing that people continue to be critical of this national treasure.

Essentially, the Hulk Hogan defense.

I'm confused. What is the hulk hogan defense?
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
SkipG wrote:
Eminem has pretty much conquered the world, worth like $200 million or some ridiculous figure. Why the hell is he so pissed all the time

Coming full circle, I'd argue that the same applies to Trump, who is apparently pissed all the time too. That's two pieces of evidence that massive wealth is not, in itself, a pathway to perpetual contentment.

They're both performance artists. They both know how to lay down a hook. They both know how to play a crowd. They both know the visceral appeal of self-righteous anger. They both crave the power of the microphone, the response of the crowd. The music, the moment, you own it.

Well done!!

Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little RATM makes it at least listenable.

Quote Reply

Prev Next