Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attention those doing "Bike Reviews/Spec" etc
Quote | Reply
If you don't put CRANK LENGTH, CHAINRINGS & CASSETTE ratios please don't call it a review! This lack of information drives me absolutely nuts!!
Quote Reply
Re: Attention those doing "Bike Reviews/Spec" etc [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be a sticky!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That seems kind of a funny thing to be agro about. They are all variable and I would hope anyone doing a review of a bike(as in actually riding it) would have it set up for them. And depending on the size you order of any bike, I would imagine all those things would be in flux.

Help us understand your beef, I believe bike companies tell you what they spec on those items for each size, No?
Quote Reply
Re: Attention those doing "Bike Reviews/Spec" etc [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*Kona* bike 'check ins' etc sorry should have stated that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean the Kona bike count? If so that is ridiculous to want those things. I have done those counts in the past and it is no easy feat. Usually you have to do it as they check in, a drive by look see. But even if you had access to all the bikes in transition, it would be crazy to try and look up crank lengths, usually some tiny number on the backside that is not easy to read, especially in the dark when you would be counting. And cassette gearing and chainrings, what are you going to do, count teeth?

That would just be stupid. It was hard enough when we started counting wheel types, saddles, pedals, component groups, and on and on. And what would crank or number of teeth tell you anyway without knowing the rider or size of the bike? Explain please...
Quote Reply
Re: Attention those doing "Bike Reviews/Spec" etc [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These 'Kona bike features' are killing me. Why don't these 'reporters' put crank size when they KNOW ST loves to debate crank size?!?!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ErickBar wrote:
If you don't put CRANK LENGTH, CHAINRINGS & CASSETTE ratios please don't call it a review! This lack of information drives me absolutely nuts!!
"The bike looks awesome and it was crazy fast on the local trail here. Not sure how fast because we didn't have a computer on it but it felt fast. Also, this bike has two wheels. TWO! "
Quote Reply