Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see some Canadian pros on them at races. Here's Antoine Desroches.

Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike shop relationship is probably a lot more complicated for Louis Garneau. Very feel bike shop are actually Louis Garneau bike dealers. When's the last time you saw a Louis Garneau bike at a bike shop. For example, they only have one bike dealer in the entire state of Florida. Even if they do more Sanders, how many more bikes would they sell without a dealer network?

You might say why not go consumer direct? That might be difficult given their established relationship with bike shops when it comes to apparel, which is where most of their money comes from.

Why not get more bike shops to sign up as bike dealers? That's probably easier said than done.

milesthedog wrote:

It seems they could develop a new bike and helmet and use Sanders as marketing for those products. ST and TRS are nuts about Sanders, why not whip out a bike to rival the P5, SpeedConcept, Canyon and Scott. Heck, just mimick the best features of each of those bikes and and mimick the POC and Giro aero helmets and skip the wind tunnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [LGarneau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool write up, thanks for the insights. I must say though, I can't believe Lionel is going to give up time changing in T2.. That's just crazy!! It wouldn't surprise me if he forgoes this decision, in the heat if a close battle. I don't know how anyone (especially a pro) could just let crucial seconds (and it would probably be more than a minute) go by for free.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [LGarneau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done LG! Fantastic content, and insight! Keep em coming!

For the next one would be awesome to have a video with Lionel riding out in the open or in the wind tunnel and later a first hand account of his experience riding LG. Bravo and Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah that part seemed kinda crazy to me
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda!? Lol. Dude busts his a*s off all year to improve 4 minutes in the swim, and then is going to give back 25% (or more!) of that effort in T2 changing!!
I really can't believe he'll do this... Or that his advisor/coach would ever approve of this choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And how many seconds do you lose/gain to a cooler shirt during the run?

It's a good strategy, and it could very well pay off.

Edit, here's the link with the click through to make it easier: https://blog.garneau.com/...athlon-gear-for-kona

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Last edited by: georged: Oct 13, 17 17:49
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way. You're telling me their $400 tri suit doesn't have cooling materials as good as a $80? tank top. I seriously doubt it. Further, he doesn't do it for 70.3 so why now, at the pinnacle of the sport, when stakes are highest and margins are potentially thinner for him (actually they are more thin).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Kinda!? Lol. Dude busts his a*s off all year to improve 4 minutes in the swim, and then is going to give back 25% (or more!) of that effort in T2 changing!!
I really can't believe he'll do this... Or that his advisor/coach would ever approve of this choice.

we have some FOP women who insist on going to running shorts and sports bra, from two piece with Kiwami top.

For them 15 seconds at most 20....in the AG ranks transitions are so bad even at the front they still have FOP transitions, talking well under 2 minutes T2 (course dependant for sure)

Maybe a bit longer for LS, I see your point that every second counts but if 20 seconds or so then maybe worth the trade of.

2c, I could see going either way on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tri suit is built to be form-fitting and aero (yes, it has cooling and CoolBlack). The singlet is designed to lose heat.

The time taken to change these is the same in a 140.6, but the potential benefit is twice as large.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's that BB storage box he's got on there??

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't seem to be LG branded, so it's probably custom.

Looks like someone really did their homework on it though. Very slick.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The logo on it is a play button (filled arrow in stroked circle) I've seen it before, but can't place it.

Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible it's just a wedgie?
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about that, but it looks custom designed for the bike. The Wedgie has overlap with the frame, while this is sitting perfectly inline with the frame.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the logo of Cycle Cukture, a shop Lionel works with. But the box itself = ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaP_HGUA0tk/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what we know, it's something that was designed and 3-D printed just for him and the bike.
We'll keep you posted if/when we know more :)
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

There was a Canadian company making a product that looked similar to that a number years back, called "The Wedgie". They suspended business, after a bit of a push, a few years back, but I was in contact with the principals, last winter, and they were considering a re-Launch - so perhaps this is it. Not sure.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is definitely happening more and more, which is awesome.

I've done a number of them myself for folks, but you just never know when it's a one-off and when it's a prototype from the manufacturer. Always nice to know for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LGarneau wrote:
From what we know, it's something that was designed and 3-D printed just for him and the bike.
We'll keep you posted if/when we know more :)

Yep.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau: why not develop new products for Sanders? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

I did. Enough time around enough industry aero folks and certain things are definable relevant.

:-)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next