Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone try the Cercacor Ember?
Quote | Reply
I saw this a few years ago here on ST, and now that they're actually available, I'm thinking of getting one. Are the metrics useful or actionable? The cynic in me says it's great for making sure your hematocrit isn't too high, but I'm wondering if it's useful for lay athletes as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Cercacor Ember? [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're worried about your hematocrit being too high?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Cercacor Ember? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dopers don't worry about their Hct being too low....
Last edited by: TriA6: Oct 2, 17 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Cercacor Ember? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
You're worried about your hematocrit being too high?

No, I'm just wondering if the other blood and respiration metrics are actionable. It's similar to a power meter in offering a lot of metrics, but not sure how people are actually using it to train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and I can say this for sure...anyone and everyone who does any sort of altitude preparation - that is to say legit living at elevation or using some variation on a hypobaric chamber - would do very well in utilizing an Ember to add immediate accuracy to their duration at elevation. It also would be essential in the return to low elevations in terms of timing for a peak. There are more applications but that one is extra special.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Revisting this thread. I got the 1st UNLIMITED test model from Kickstarter and have used it off and on for awhile It is nice to see how you're recovering and your hemoglobin when using a tent or other attitude training. I'm listing mine now on the forum for sale. This is the unlimited test model so you won't every have to buy a package for more tests. again the link is https://www.cercacor.com/collections/buy-ember If your using a tent of going to the mountain often to raiser your hemoglobin levels, this for sure helps and it's cheaper than a few blood tests.
Last edited by: beaker: Jul 11, 23 8:33
Quote Reply