Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: the poll on kits [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are some thoughts on bike kits; I am 6'0'', 152 lbs with a scrawny build but with wide shoulders:

- Pearl Izumi - more "American" fit; a skosh more room (everywhere), so to speak. Rear of the shorts rides up a little too high though; I hate that. Descente's used to do that, too.
- Louis Garneau - had a Jittery Joes kit from them. Too much compression in the quads. Bibs were a little too short, further pulling up on the quads. I had some trishorts as well from them; a bit too much compression in the legs and the shorts were too short.
- Voler. Similar to Pearl Izumi; more roomy and the bike shorts ride up too high. Not great for TT's but relatively comfortable for long road rides. Generous cut for the jerseys. Good basic kit.
- Champion Systems - some nice pieces (shirts, sweat shirts for ITU) but sort of weak with things like socks and shirts. Bike shorts also ride up too high.
- Squadra - very good but not great. Bib shorts yank up a bit and thigh wraps loose their elasticity
- Giordana - very nice though you have to make sure they fit. Bib shorts a bit too tight and jerseys seem a bit short. Try before you buy but that is hard to do for custom kits.
- Castelli - hit or miss. The trishorts are excellent. But the jerseys fit was awkward. Sizing seems to be a bit inconsistent. (Again) try before you buy but that is hard to do for custom kits.
- Jakaroo. Sort of like a compromise between Pearl + Ale. Very comfortable, they have the cell phone pocket in the jersey. And seemingly very durable. Probably the best for regular use and many shapes/sizes and variations within.
- Ale - wow, amazing quality; luxurious, comfortable and pretty durable. The finest kit I've tried. Love the cell phone pocket as well. That said a bit "aggressive" in that the bib shorts are somewhat tight. I bought a kit from Italy and had to pay some serious taxes. But have been very happy.

Overall, IMO, Ale really has it nailed for a cycling kit. Incredible fabrics and fit. But you have to get it right. Favorite overall.
Though for a club kit, Jakaroo has a bit more flexibility with their sizing to better accommodate variances within sizes. Probably best for a club buy; most versatile with fewest complaints.
3rd place for a custom kit is a tie between Voler and Squadra.

- Hope this helps,
Twain
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: the poll on kits [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect timing on this thread! Just starting to look into getting my first customs done up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smash and Betty designs both used to use squadra. Betty is now hincapie. New Smash kits fit differently but I'm not sure if they moved away from squadra or not. I wear Smash and chose squadra because I know how those kits feel. I am also familiar with Castelli - I don't like their tri kits at all but the cycling kits are good.

I wish we used wattie or cuore :) The fabrics on those brands feel so nice!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Primal

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cinnelli

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: the poll on kits [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perfect. dont hesitate to contact us: contactATkiwamitriDOTcom. we'll be happy to help.
best,
Quote Reply

Prev Next