Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

North Carolina 70.3 Beach 2 Battleship question
Quote | Reply
If I'm coming from away without family friends or Sherpas, how hard/easy is it to get to transitions, park, and get back out again? Best place to park for the race? What to see and do (will visit the ship)? Hotel/accommodation recommendations?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: North Carolina 70.3 Beach 2 Battleship question [GWcanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on where you are staying. I stayed downtown near the finish. You dropped your gear in T2 the day before , you took a shuttle (I think you needed to sign up for the shuttle ahead of time) to T1, then hop back on a different shuttle to get to swim start. That was 2015....sounds like a PITA, but it was really smooth.

I thought the Battleship was pretty cool to check out.....so that may be something to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Park downtown near the Hilton. This is very close to T2 and the finish line and there are parking desk there. Take the shuttle from the Hilton to T1 in the morning.

In the past, there have not been any post race shuttles.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done this race 3x without any support. Market street has multiple well known hotel/motel/food places and shopping centers. Stay here and the drive on race morning to the Hilton downtown is like all 12 minutes. Park at the two story garage almost across from the Hilton and that is where the race morning buses are lined up to take you to T1 and the another short bus ride to the race start. The finish is about five/six blocks away from where you parked in the am. Bring your camera and tour a few places whether it is the battleship or a Civil War Fort along the Ocean. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced it last year. I can’t remember where I stayed but it was less than 15 minutes from the convention center where the finish line was. Race morning I parked at the convention center parking garage with no problems and could still get out easily after the race. Shuttles went t1 from convention center. After the race, you could walk to T2 and your bike as well as run and bike bags were all there.
Quote Reply
Re: North Carolina 70.3 Beach 2 Battleship question [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, great info. Thanks much.
Quote Reply