Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maurten is for sale in the US!

Just saw on instagram that Maurten is selling their product in the states! I have been wanting to try this product for a while now.

Nike Athletes were using this product to break the 2 hour marathon. Great article on the product came out around the time of the sub 2 hour attempt in sports illustrated. https://www.si.com/...aurten-elite-runners

I am sure the mix will be in stores soon. For now it looks like TheFeed.com is the exclusive online store for Maurten

https://thefeed.com/products/maurten

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [NextWoods] [ In reply to ]

Great first post, jerk! Obviously this is YOUR product. This is a great way to get your product boycotted.

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

HuffNPuff wrote:
Great first post, jerk! Obviously this is YOUR product. This is a great way to get your product boycotted.

Calm down, big man. Just excited about the product!

Has anyone had any experience with Maurten?
Last edited by: NextWoods: Sep 26, 17 12:36

Dear EnduranceJunkie - nobody is excited about what you are peddling. Please go away. Dan Empfield - please ban these 2 from ST.

I have not had any experience with this product, but I am pretty sure that the FTC guidelines surrounding product promotion call for influencers and marketers to clearly disclose whether any activity is promotional in nature.

https://www.ftc.gov/...nds-clearly-disclose

Pretty sure our esteemed site owner would not appreciate attempted advertisement on his site.

NextWoods wrote:
Just saw on instagram that Maurten is selling their product in the states! I have been wanting to try this product for a while now.

Nike Athletes were using this product to break the 2 hour marathon. Great article on the product came out around the time of the sub 2 hour attempt in sports illustrated. https://www.si.com/...aurten-elite-runners

I am sure the mix will be in stores soon. For now it looks like TheFeed.com is the exclusive online store for Maurten

Man... I tried Maurten. It made me go a lot slower, and I had to take potty brakes every 4 minutes after. This is the worst sports drink EVAR!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Sep 26, 17 12:48

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
NextWoods wrote:

Man... I tried Maurten. It made me go a lot slower, and I had to take potty brakes every 4 minutes after. This is the worst sports drink EVAR!

Yea, me too.

And i peed aqua blue for a week.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

I tried it this summer at a race in Sweden. Here’s one of my race photos.

NextWoods wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

I hear the mad pooper's diet consists primarily of Maurten.

NextWoods wrote:

I tried it. The only thing that it made me go faster towards was the toilet.

Seriously, eight hours of my a** resembling a volcano erupting liquid lava, and a whole case of TP later, I was so raw, and dehydrated that begin to hallucinate.

I strongly recommend avoiding at all costs.

One legit post deserves another :-)

MALTODEXTRIN,FRUCTOSE,PECTIN,SODIUM ALGINATE,SODIUM CHLORIDE

If you take out the elements present for mass production (pectin and sodium alginate) you have salt, maltodex, and fructose. All of which can be purchased in bulk quantities at a fraction of the price and mixed at home. Doesn't sound very special to me.

From this thread I suggest that people stay away from it cause the pectin or sodium alginate might be causing tummy distresses.

NextWoods wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

I don't believe you. Neither does anyone else.

So, anyone else heard about the rat poison in some of the batches? Someone said that was the only way they could keep the rat shit out.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

you are the recipient today of what i am the recipient of every day: an extremely savvy audience of readers which, if you have them on your side, can carry a brand on their backs. i can name for you a number of brands that employ this reader forum community of users as their primary or basically sole marketing focus.

the very best thing any brand can do is be a part of this community first. without trying to capitalize on it. and then, 150 posts later, you intro the idea. for example, we had a guy here who asked if anybody wanted a free strength program. he got north of 3000 affirmatives (700 or 800 on the forum, another almost 2500 by email or private message, and he delivered as promised to all of them. if he was to offer or promote or plug a product, he's established his bona fides.

like that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]

stringcheese wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
NextWoods wrote:

Yea, me too.

And i peed aqua blue for a week.

At least English appears to be the shill's first language!

DFL > DNF > DNS

I never heard of the stuff... but it sounds like rebranded MiraLax from all the comments

I tried it for my last IM. Got in 2100 kcal's on the bike without any distress, but, since it was pretty tough to drink it (viscous) I didnt drink much water. I think I was dehydrated on the run. I had to walk through every aid station and only the first km felt ok, then it was a 41k death marsh at survival pace. Wouldnt blame it too much on Maurtens sports drink, tho.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede

These advertisements are endless in my Instagram and FB feeds, getting pretty annoying actually. Shows a pro marathoner with a bottle claiming to be Maurten. I've never seen a pro marathoner carrying a bottle and doubt they are giving this stuff on the course.

NextWoods wrote:
Nike Athletes were using this product to break the 2 hour marathon
Will this help me break 20 min in a 5K?

I had a completely different experience with Maurten. I drank some before doing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Swim. I didn't suffer any diarrhea at all. But I started vomiting about half way through and continued to vomit/dry heave to the finish. It turns out I can swim and vomit at the same time. Maurten helped me discover a new skill! Three stars!

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]

LMAO this thread..

I love Slowtwitch readers.

On the off chance that someone wants a real review, I have tried the Maurten on my last 5-6 long runs. I got a box of it from a contact in Europe.

It's a good product, but not a world-beater. It's good for training, but not practical in races. The problem is that you have to carry it with you. I know some marathoners run with bottles/fuel belts/etc., but I hate carrying anything in a race. If you're an elite and have bottles reserved for you on course, or a Vespa serving drinks to you every mile, then you're set. For the rest of us, though, it's not ideal as a race product. Most legit races have a no-outside-assistance rule, so a friend handing you a bottle is not an option.

It takes several minutes to mix by shaking in a bottle, which is fine at home but would be hard on the course. The packets are large (with all that sugar inside) and not practical to carry -- so on the off chance you get your hands on a full bottle of water mid-race, it's still tough to mix. And if the powder gets wet it glues itself to whatever it touches, so enjoy the sticky hands for the next few hours. Mixing a new batch on the run is not a good idea.

I haven't tried it on a bike ride. It might be more practical there, where you can carry a few bottles, but I'd prefer to eat solid food on the bike anyway.

The Maurten texture is odd -- noticeably thicker than a regular sports drink. Not as thick as motor oil, maybe more like brake fluid, neither of which I recommend on a run longer than 60 minutes. (Brake fluid in particular will slow you down.) Maurten is slightly thicker than whole milk. The taste is vaguely lemony and inoffensive -- more a sugar taste than anything. It does leave your mouth a little overly sweet, so you're left wanting a water flush, but then you'd be diluting the product inside you if you drank water.

It does pack in the calories, though, so I've been able to get about two hours into a long run (carrying one pre-mixed bottle) without needing any gels or chews, and without any noticeable drop in energy that I'd experience with Gatorade or the like. I'm thinking of using it before the start of an upcoming marathon, and maybe carrying a small bottle for the first hour or so.

I have not had the explosive diarrhea, vomiting, cramps, brain tumors, boils, and STD's that other readers describe, but there's still time.

<The Dew Abides>

I´m Henrik Wingstrand, Chairman of the Board and co-founder of Maurten, a small Swedish start-up. I honestly don´t know who is behind NextWoods and EnduranceJunkie. It is possible that these posts have been made by very enthusiastic, but somewhat naive, persons associated in one way or another with our company. If this is the case I sincerely apologize to this forum and to anyone who has been offended.

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [HenWing] [ In reply to ]

HenWing wrote:
I´m Henrik Wingstrand, Chairman of the Board and co-founder of Maurten, a small Swedish start-up. I honestly don´t know who is behind NextWoods and EnduranceJunkie. It is possible that these posts have been made by very enthusiastic, but somewhat naive, persons associated in one way or another with our company. If this is the case I sincerely apologize to this forum and to anyone who has been offended.

how did you get it approved by the FDA for import with the all of the heavy metals, caustic chemicals, and laxatives in the mix?

I buy maltodextrin in bulk, around $80 for a 50lb bag delivered to my door. I then buy the huge container of gatorade powder and keep them together. I make a bottle of mostly malto with some of the gatorade for the simple sugars and flavor, add sea salt or saltstick caps for sodium. I believe it probably costs me about 10 cents per serving.

I'm super excited about ordering your stuff and spending tons more for the same thing!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

Re: Maurten is for sale in the US! [HenWing] [ In reply to ]

HenWing wrote:

Henrik, thank you for your post. i am looking forward to learning more about your product. obviously, as you can see, we have an engaged and discerning readership? perhaps you and i can discuss the brand offline, maybe there might be a second chance to make a first impression!

i think the brand has taken enough of a flogging - perhaps a deserved flogging! but nevertheless enough of a flogging - and, knowing my audience as i do, there is probably little to be gained by keeping this thread going. while i won't remove it it seems fair to lock it, which is what i'm going to do commensurate with posting this.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman