Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kestrel Talon SL or Cervelo Soloist? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
\\Well...there IS the cable routing issue...it's not fun, and best left to an experienced wrench. I hate the hassle, so I let my trusted wrench handle that bike's cabling for me. \\

And, trust me, your trusted wrench curses every time he sees you come by with the bike. ; )

The cable routing has gotten easier the more talons I work on, but it still takes over twice as long as a frame with normal external routing would. Good thing I charge by the hour, otherwise I'd have to institute a special "talon fee" for working on them.

J
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon SL or Cervelo Soloist? [jeffm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"your trusted wrench curses every time he sees you come by with the bike. ; ) "

Yup. I am a sometimes wrench...and I've been entreated to do the work myself...I just smile and say..."But that's why I brought it to you."
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon SL or Cervelo Soloist? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now we're scaring the original poster...

Just understand, don, that the cable routing is not a self-service thing...unless you are an experienced wrench...and even then its nice to hand it off...

Once routed...the cables and shifting are perfectly fine...and how often do you really have to worry about cables, anyway?
Quote Reply
Re: Kestrel Talon SL or Cervelo Soloist? [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I can flex the tubes of the Talon between my thumb and forefinger. Seems really delicate.

Bullshit.. I have a Talon and I can't flex the tubes at all. Dan Empfield mentioned in a post on this forum that when he owned Quintanna Roo, he regularly tested several major bike manufacturers by breaking their bikes on a test rig. He said that Kestrels where the most difficult to break of all the brands he tested. Almost impossible.

Mike

BS that it's delicate or BS that I can flex them? I have witnesses! :-)

It's not like I can crush the F-ing things, but rather visibly deflect the tube. Maybe you need to follow Ken Lehner's strength training plan a little more.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply

Prev Next