Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giving back to St Croix Post Hurricane Maria
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies and Gentleman

As you are probably aware the Caribbean has been hit pretty hard by hurricanes over the last few weeks.

Irma hit the United States Virgin Islands, specifically St Thomas and St John. As a result their sister island St Croix sent supplies to them to aid their recovery, people were evacuated to St Croix and the people of St Croix took in people made homeless.

Then earlier this week overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning Maria hit St Croix.

Currently the island is without power, there is limited telephone service and cell service is intermittent. Houses have head their roofs ripped off.

For the past 29 years St Croix has hosted an international triathlon which in recent years has been part of the 70.3 circuit. If you or your friends have raced there you will know how the island shuts down for the race and the locals get behind every athlete.

So how’s about the triathlon community get behind those locals and give them some support.

I’m in contact with friends I made on the island having travelled from the U.K. there to race in 2011 and 2017 and I’m finding out what’s needed and the best way to help the people of the Islands.

Once I get some info I will share it here but I’d like to gauge interest in setting up a fundraising page for this community to help the community of St Croix.

Alistair
Quote Reply