Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How cold was Lake Placid 70.3? [TryPT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TryPT wrote:
Wonder if they would consider moving this race to a different month? This wasn't a fluke at 30 something degrees for Sept. It's pretty usual for LP.

I'd like them to pull the race one or two weeks earlier just so I could go to LP and spend more time (aka money) there.

Usually for IMLP I'd rent a house for a full week with some friends or family. The atmosphere that week is great and starts several days before the race and flows onward a few days after.
This year when I reg'd one FULL YEAR in advance, I didn't realize my twins would have school. I booked our hotel for the week and then, come July, it dawned on me that school might interfere. Sure enough to go when I wanted (Wed-Wed with the race in the middle) would mean they'd miss their first 5 days of Kindergarten... probably not a solid parenting move... so I had to change plans, cancel half the reservation, drive up Friday evening to get in at 11pm and leave Sunday early evening getting home at midnight. It was NOT the vacation I was hoping for. I imagine a huge percentage of racers were impacted by this, judging by the size of my AG alone! ;-)

Sadly I forgot to add this comment on the post race survey they just sent around.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Last edited by: Mendeldave: Sep 13, 17 17:47
Quote Reply

Prev Next