Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer?
Quote | Reply
as i watched the coverage he looked great at 10mi into the run, and then vanished from the coverage. no mention of him, nothing in the results, no mention in the live coverage, the text coverage, nothing. braden currie is shown as winning. so, did andi finish? is he in the med tent? anybody?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hoff posted "hope andi is recovering from hammering the bike" so perhaps it was a marino vanhoenacker moment where he was nursing a coke somewhere on the run course
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan Rapp should be able to provide some insight as from what I saw on Social Media Andi is training with him at Thousand Oaks, Calif
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
as i watched the coverage he looked great at 10mi into the run, and then vanished from the coverage. no mention of him, nothing in the results, no mention in the live coverage, the text coverage, nothing. braden currie is shown as winning. so, did andi finish? is he in the med tent? anybody?

Live coverage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He hurt his ankle...rolled it or something. There were a few spots on the run where that could happen if you weren't paying attention.

Not sure when he did it though, because he wasn't running crazy fast right from the start.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On Facebook, he says he had to drop out due to a plantar fascia injury.
No details on severity
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer? [obi-one] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
must've been pretty serious if you're winning the race with 3mi to go and you're forced to drop out.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer? [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
He hurt his ankle...rolled it or something. There were a few spots on the run where that could happen if you weren't paying attention.

Not sure when he did it though, because he wasn't running crazy fast right from the start.

I did see runners trip and fall on two separate occasions on the trail section. It is late enough in the race for fatigue and loss of focus coming into play.
Bring on more trails!
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trail section was awesome. So beautiful out there. Tough to stay focused on the task at hand while trying to take in some of the beauty of the park - have to take a moment to look around, "I'm in California! I may never be here again!"

Apparently Andi's foot issue started from the beginning body the run. He has posted about it to his FB. Out of Kona. Min 4 week recovery.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that I think about it, I do remember seeing him over on the side of the road when he was at about mile 10 and I was at about mile 3. He looked okay, but obviously not moving forward and there was a volunteer on the phone. He had his shoes off too. That was well past the trail sections where he might have rolled his ankle, though.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz: Anyone know what happened to Andi Boecherer? [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andi on facebook: "In the evening, I couldn't walk at all, and there was hematoma. Most likely I have injured the plantar or tendon under my foot. I'm out of action for at least four weeks, according to the first diagnosis. This is why I have to call it a season prematurely and I'm going to miss the Ironman Hawaii."

What a pity that he will not be competing. Would have liked to see him battling for the Kona podium!
Last edited by: motorcity: Sep 12, 17 0:48
Quote Reply