Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boone, NC
Quote | Reply
So I fled to Boone, NC to escape Irma. Apart from a pair of running shoes and shorts I have zero gear with me.
Is there a place where I can buy a pair of goggles and jammers?
What's a nice place to go for a run?
Quote Reply
Re: Boone, NC [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
So I fled to Boone, NC to escape Irma. Apart from a pair of running shoes and shorts I have zero gear with me.

Head over to Blowing Rock, NC and hit the trails at Moses Cone. They are actually old carriage trails so wide and pretty smooth. You can get plenty of mileage in on them.
Quote Reply
Re: Boone, NC [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

Head over to Blowing Rock, NC and hit the trails at Moses Cone. They are actually old carriage trails so wide and pretty smooth. You can get plenty of mileage in on them.

Is that trail good for taking the CX bike on?
Quote Reply
Re: Boone, NC [lupy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lupy wrote:
eye3md wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

Is that trail good for taking the CX bike on?

That is a good question. I've never ridden my bike on that trail system and I have never seen anyone else ride a bike there. I suspect bikes are not allowed and it is best for running but I could be wrong.

I live in east TN (about 65 miles away) and we have tons of fire roads for gravel bike travel. Not familiar with the Boone area for this though. Check with a local Boone bike shop and I bet they can direct you to good gravel riding
Quote Reply
Re: Boone, NC [lupy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cone trails are off limits to bikes. Strictly, like confiscate and not return your bike.
Quote Reply