Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BAT Tracker & Alternatives
Quote | Reply
I was reading about BAT (Beacon Athlete Tracker). Does anyone have experience renting one? Are there other products like this that you would recommend, that you can rent? I was looking at the Quarq Collector but don't think I want to buy a device.
Quote Reply
Re: BAT Tracker & Alternatives [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the BAT tracker at Louisville last year and Mont-Tremblant this year. It worked great both times. Some friends had issues last year, but I think everyone's worked fine at MT. With that said, my wife said the new Ironman tracker app was actually more useful as it gave her projected arrival times that were pretty accurate. She ended up not using BAT much except to verify where I was occasionally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just found this thread and it is exactly what I was looking for. Went to bat.live and they are sold out for Florida - DOH! Are there any other alternatives or does anyone have any contact info for Beacon that I might be able to talk to?

thanks

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beacon is solid! Very easy to use, easy to carry and your family can track you via gps realtime on the race course.
Quote Reply
Re: BAT Tracker & Alternatives [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny-- I literally came here this morning to ask the same question, but about the Quarq Qollector. It doesn't look like BAT is available at any of the events I'm planning for 2018 so I was toying with the idea of the Collector, but at $400, it costs more than the EPIRB I carry in my airplane so I was hoping to find a less expensive alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: BAT Tracker & Alternatives [suparuki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
suparuki wrote:
Just found this thread and it is exactly what I was looking for. Went to bat.live and they are sold out for Florida - DOH! Are there any other alternatives or does anyone have any contact info for Beacon that I might be able to talk to?

thanks

Message them through their Facebook page.

I used BAT last year at IMChoo. It worked pretty well. Definitely helped ease the minds of my family as to where I was. The new IM tracker, while fairly nice and user friendly, is just a guesstimate based on the timing mats. It may say that you will be at Mile 10 of the run in 5 mins, but it has no way to know if you have slowed down or even stopped.
Quote Reply