Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek SC Aero Bar Pads
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 Trek SC9 and was driving with my bike recently when one of the aero bar pads blew off. What is a good replacement? Cee Gees or something else? I can't seem to find any Trek/Bontrager options.

Thanks,
David
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Aero Bar Pads [David in NY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CeeGees are a good option. Other is swapping out with Zipp Vulka rests/pads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can't find any, it's actually fun to make your own set of aerobar pads, and it's easy.

- Craft foam (Amazon <$15)
- Shoe goo, Gorilla glue, or some other waterproof glue
- Velcro tape ($10-$15), comes with adhesive backing

Glue 4-5 pieces of foam together, put a few books on them until they dry. Cut into cool-looking octagons (avoid ovals - they're hard to shape, and octagons look cool!)

Apply velcro tape to your aerobar cups ,and to the back of the foam pads.

Voila - excellent custom aerobar pads that won't slip at all and don't have any problem with sweat. And they look cool. You'll have enough supplies to make 4-8 sets from that one small purchase. Takes <15 mins of labor.

Because you can control the size and thickness of the pads, you can really get it the way you like. I increased the size of my pads so they were a bit larger than the cup, a little thinner than the typical aerobar pad for lower height, and they're super comfy and stable. I friggin hated the stock Profile Design angled pads that my Cervelo came with - they were uncomfortable, getting dislodged, etc. My personal aerobar pad is solid as a rock and appears to be super durable.
Last edited by: lightheir: Sep 5, 17 14:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or ------ for the pad, use old wet material/neoprene. To get the thickness you want, shoe goo layers together (I use one thick and one thin). Depending on the old wetsuit material you can get from your friends, you can have some spiffy color combinations and accents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made my own out of 1/4" neoprene that came with adhesive backing. I had to buy a bunch of it, if you want some, send me some cash for shipping.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a fan of the stock SC pads. You can order them from your local Trek dealer.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Aero Bar Pads [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply