Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Talk about closing the pool down!!
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a run brick yesterday at our local town rec. center. As I am finishing up on the track, I'm thinking to myself (its only 4:00PM mind you)

"man, everyone is emptying out pretty quickly tonight....must have plans for sat. night....not as dedicated as me....gonna go swim now."

So I get changed real quick (didnt notice there was no one in the locker room or anywhere else for that matter). Get to the edge of the pool and just as I am going to jump in the high school girl who runs the front desk walks in.

"Oh mi god... I was locking the place up for the night and thought I heard someone in here. I was just about to shut out the lights".

Five seconds more and I would have been swimming in the pitch dark. But I would have had the entire facility to myself. Talk about not having to share a lane.

Could have been fun I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about closing the pool down!! [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimming in the dark is AWESOME. The other morning when I was in the pool, the power went out on campus and the lights went off... it was very mystical. I would kill to have the entire pool to myself in the dark!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about closing the pool down!! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roger that. When I started swimming w/ a very small masters group last year, no one showed up one night. Maybe it was the 38F temps, driving rain, and heavy winds. No lights, and the water had a blowing fog/steam coming from it. So fun! Too bad I was just learning and could only swim 25 at a time.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply