Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm having problems with my new Nightrider Classic Plus light
Quote | Reply
I finally broke down and bought a nice light for my bike. When I got it I followed the instructions to a T as far as the battery goes to hopefully extend the life. I turned the light on and let it burn almost all the way down so the light was dim, then recharged it with no problems. Everything worked fine and the light worked like it is supposed to. I turned it on so it would drain the battery but got on the phone and forgot about it and the battery got so low that it wouldn't turn the light on. The instructions say to let the light get dim but not to go all the way off. I recharged it again (this was the second time if you're keeping score at home) and when I plugged it in to check it I got nothing. I unplugged everything and let it sit for a while then replugged it in and one beam came on. When I pushed the button to go to two beams I had nothing. I unplugged everything again, let it sit, then replugged it all together and I got a quick flicker from one bulb then nothing. Now I'm getting nothing and really bummed.

Any suggestions to what is going on? The date of manufacture on the box is 10/05/2005 and I got it in late November.

Quote Reply
Re: I'm having problems with my new Nightrider Classic Plus light [Dave G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I have gone through this dilema with our local police force, I know what you are talking about. I am guessing that you have a NIMEt battery and not the Ni Cad? By running it all the way down, you risk the chance of reversing the polarization of the battery. There is no cure for this that I know of. I have also tried with niterider. It sounds like you will need a new battery. I could be wrong though as I am not an electrical engineer. Doesn't matter who the company is, it will do this to all batteries.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Re: I'm having problems with my new Nightrider Classic Plus light [cdnbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not positive which battery I have but I just went to a friends to try his battery with my light and it didn't work. Perplexed I tried my battery with his light and it worked just fine. Then I tried my light and his battery (are you confused yet?) and I got nothing. Leading me to believe it is a problem with my light. I'm going to call Night Rider on Monday and see what they say.

I figure for the cost of this thing I will be very careful with it and was so disappointed when it didn't work. Hopefully they'll take car of me well.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm having problems with my new Nightrider Classic Plus light [Dave G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes I have seen this too. I have been told by Niterider not to do this because it will shorten the life of your friends battery. I don't know anything about that. Niterider has been pretty good for us here. Definately call them though.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Re: I'm having problems with my new Nightrider Classic Plus light [cdnbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call nite rider or if you bought through your lbs, have the lbs call them. I had an issue with my lights in october, 1 yr old also. It was 2 weeks outside the longest warrenty period. The lbs shipped to nite rider, free for me, they fixed for no charge and returned lights to lbs, again, free for me. I had a great experience with their customer service and that of my lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Niterider and initially had issues as well. I phoned Niterider and they helped a lot. I recomend calling them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just bought one two days ago. interested to see how that works out. i read the literature and don't remember reading anything about not letting it completely drain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine a little over a month and have had no problems. One thought: Did you discharge the battery initially while riding? They recommend not operating the light when stopped, as it tends to overheat.
Quote Reply