Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMLP Accommodations
Quote | Reply
I've decided to give IM another go after what will be a three year hiatus - two disappointing races made me decide to improve my speed in shorter races before jumping back in again. Anyway, signed up for Placid for next July, and the family (wife, 5 year old & nearly 2 then) will be along. I was looking at options, and for spectating the Courtyard by Marriott looks real good. My wife loved housing in Tremblant in that I could give her windows of time to come out of the hotel to see me. She and the fam could see me twice on the bike and 4x on the run. Anything else very spectator friendly right on the course. One thing my wife likes is breakfast included, so that's needed as well.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Last edited by: natethomas: Aug 23, 17 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Accommodations [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're correct about her being able to see you, however, as far as proximity to other things to do, it's a little ways out of town and would likely require a car with little ones. Being that it's right on the course, I would assume driving would be a challenge on race day.

Look into the Hampton Inn, which is right on Mirror Lake, if there's still availability. It puts you in walking distance to everything - Main St, transition, public beach (very kid friendly!), restaurants, etc. etc. Other decent options right in town are Golden Arrow and Crowne Plaza.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One option that might work for what you need is a condo complex (I forget the name) on Fir Lane, which is off of Station St by Lisa G's (also down the street from the Courtyard). We rented one for the race through Merrill Thomas Realtors a few years ago (AirBnB may have some there also) and it was a great spot where it was close to town plus the bike and run go close by multiple times.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the Hampton Inn & Suites for convenience. It's pricey and you'll likely have to call and get on a waiting list now but its a nice hotel, breakfast is included and you're right in the action both during and outside of race day. My kids loved it. They had activities every evening for them including movie nights, organized board games, crafts, etc. We've also stayed at the Crowne Plaza (equally expensive) but you have that hill to climb to get in and out to go anywhere, more an annoyance than anything. Hampton Inn is on the run course and a block from the bike course.
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Accommodations [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Lisa G's"
----------
our family favorite!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Accommodations [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that location is nice. I am so disappointed they JACK up the price to almost $799 a night....Just absurd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We love the golden arrow. The have a great beach on mirror lake for the kids, kayaks and paddle boards too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The townhouses at the Spruce Lodge are nice and you are on the bike and run course. It's close enough to town that you could walk to the finish.
Last edited by: pookie87: Aug 23, 17 20:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,
we stayed at the Mirror Lake Inn on the north side of the lake. They have a suite that's in a cottage across the street from the main Inn right on the water. Perfect for 4-5 people. Our kids are the same age, worked out perfectly w/naps and walking down to the oval / papa bear. However, nothing beats sitting on your front porch and having the swim go right by your deck as the family is enjoying their breakfast.
Mischa

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Accommodations [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
I second the Hampton Inn & Suites for convenience. It's pricey and you'll likely have to call and get on a waiting list now but its a nice hotel, breakfast is included and you're right in the action both during and outside of race day. My kids loved it. They had activities every evening for them including movie nights, organized board games, crafts, etc. We've also stayed at the Crowne Plaza (equally expensive) but you have that hill to climb to get in and out to go anywhere, more an annoyance than anything. Hampton Inn is on the run course and a block from the bike course.

^This!! Done it twice. Worth every penny to have your own bathroom right before the race!!
Quote Reply