Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

estimated power numbers - b.s.?
Quote | Reply
according to the website of the company that makes my rim-drive trainer, i just put out somewhere between 200 and 250 W for an hour. that's using my lowball estimate of rim-speed. i call want to call shenanigans! but before i do, i figured i'd ask you power-gurus for some input.

i spent all fall riding cyclocross (ie, 1 hour exertions involving tt-like average power with large spikes of anaerobic power). this is my first ride after 3 weeks off the bike, and thsi effort was certainly sub-threshold. i don't have a power meter or anything like that, so i don't know anything about my threshold numbers, but i know when i'm killing myself and when i'm just cruising.

so, based on this description, is 200-250 W for 1 hour not really realistic?

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: estimated power numbers - b.s.? [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, is it 200 or 250? That's a huge, huge range. The worst fitness I've been in the past two years was about 200 watts for an hour. That was after 4 months of zero riding (ending this past August). The best I've ever been at is about 235. Pretty narrow range, yes?

So, 200 to 250 is too wide a range to be really talking about.

But -- that's a reasonable range for a guy like you; you could very well be in there. Do you have any recent flat-course TT bike splits you can share? That could help narrow the range down.
Quote Reply
Re: estimated power numbers - b.s.? [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]First, is it 200 or 250? That's a huge, huge range. The worst fitness I've been in the past two years was about 200 watts for an hour. That was after 4 months of zero riding (ending this past August). The best I've ever been at is about 235. Pretty narrow range, yes?

But -- that's a reasonable range for a guy like you; you could very well be in there. Do you have any recent flat-course TT bike splits you can share? That could help narrow the range down.[/reply]

Yep, what Ashburn said.

----------

Quote Reply
Re: estimated power numbers - b.s.? [swmrdrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]First, is it 200 or 250? That's a huge, huge range. The worst fitness I've been in the past two years was about 200 watts for an hour. That was after 4 months of zero riding (ending this past August). The best I've ever been at is about 235. Pretty narrow range, yes?

But -- that's a reasonable range for a guy like you; you could very well be in there. Do you have any recent flat-course TT bike splits you can share? That could help narrow the range down.[/reply]

Yep, what Ashburn said.

yep, what swmrdrn said.
Quote Reply
Re: estimated power numbers - b.s.? [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, what Sojourner said.

We can play these games all night Mr. Hunter......

Lewis
Quote Reply