Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wetsuit choice: I know the answer to this, but need to hear it. [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Can you comment on sizing? At 6'2", 180lbs, and a swimmers build, B70's size chart has me in a MT. Thoughts on that?
Scott

I'm 6'1" and ~175lbs, largish shoulders, 34 waist. It fits like a glove. A little snug at first which is a good thing. Kids had trouble getting the zipper done. Gave it a 2 week break-in period, and it zips up easy. Swims perfectly. Took a photo of fit when I first got it:

https://twitter.com/...s/891038774783758336

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit choice: I know the answer to this, but need to hear it. [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds alright to me, although if you have anywhere that sells B70 near you I would go test it there as it might be a bit off. Personally I wear SMT at 6', 163lbs and same build so I think you should be fine with MT

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit choice: I know the answer to this, but need to hear it. [FranzZemen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a FOP swimmer and have always HATED wearing a wetsuit. I finally found one I love and it is the Roka Maverick. SO much flexibility in the shoulders and it is just FAST. One to consider.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit choice: I know the answer to this, but need to hear it. [FranzZemen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
two things:

1. don't buy a wetsuit without long arms.
2. probably best to steer clear of wetsuits built for "good" swimmers. half the time wetsuits for good swimmers are not as fast as those built for "not good" swimmers for good swimmers, and almost never are wetsuits for good swimmers better for average swimmers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit choice: I know the answer to this, but need to hear it. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wisdom won over ego and ended up going with the Orca Predator. My last wetsuit was several years old, an older Helix. The difference between that one and the 2017 Predator in terms of only arm/shoulder/upper flexibility - well, its just not comparable. The Predator is what the Helix with all the hype back then should have been.

My guess is, from this shopping experience, is that most of the top 2017 wetsuits claiming flexibility have probably converged on the same outcome or there would be significant literature as to the opposite. If you have one of these wetsuits, you know it. If you don't, I doubt you can go wrong between the major brands as long as you follow the fit guidelines.

FYI - went with size 8. I'm 191 lbs as of this morning, headed to 180. I have a 41 to 42 inch chest that wont shrink for awhile (its not fat), relatively wide shoulders as a result. I am 5'11". The legs come up a little higher than my old Helix, arms have clear wrist exposure. I'm ok with that because the body fits perfectly. I swam in Lake Tahoe with a sleeveless...water was in low 50's, most likely the coldest I'll swim in so a little exposed wrist won't matter to me.
Last edited by: FranzZemen: Sep 11, 17 11:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next