Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Total Eclipse Frame?
Quote | Reply
http://www.carbonsports.com/CS_Ueberblick.lasso

Seems like a similar, but updated, bike to the Zipp's. Never heard the bike discussed here. Carbonsports is also the maker of Lightweight wheels, so it follows that the construction is first rate. Just curious why this frame is seen even less than something like a Wasler...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Total Eclipse Frame? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice frame...bet it isn't cheap either......looks alot like Damon Rinard's design...
Quote Reply
Re: Total Eclipse Frame? [6cuda6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I am sure it is not cheap. Not when the Tour review says the quality and features "justify the price." Just curious. People lust after Lotus's and the like, yet this bike seems totally off the radar...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks more like a cross between the original Softride carbon frame and the old Trek Y-bike.

Who knows, it might be the best ride out there...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if it were race legal i would be more "seen".....as for the Lotus, you pay for the name and the cool look factor....and knowing that you'll probably the only one with one at the next club TT...

There are quite a few frames like these that never get "seen" that much....shame as they are cool rides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this could be hot, but i already see one problem.

to have the maximum aero advantage, the downtube should be much deeper than it seems to be. even the zipp bike had a much deeper downtube. since the downtube has to be strong enough to support the rider and the whole bike, then it is likely to have to be fairly wide. and to get a good, low drag airfoil around a big pipe, the air foil has to be long, or deep.

not the case on this bike. it think their focus is on ride quality vs. aero advantage.

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg X: Dec 2, 05 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've built a couple up for a customer.The quality looks good, as expected from the Germans, but they are unnecessarily heavy, and have some cable routing issues. I think they look sorta weird when built up as the "beam" is parallel to the ground so you still have a seat post sticking up out of it, like a Titanflex. I think the Zipp and Softride look a little cleaner. And,yes, they're quite pricey.

Greg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I can see they're not that agressive: moderate seat angle with a tall headtube; strike one.

On the other hand, they're flat out cool. I'm always amazed at the kind of money people will shell out for a big-box bike that wasn't built for them, maybe wasn't even fit for them, and can't be distinguished from half the bikes in transition.

For me, if I'm going to spend big dollars on a bike the maker's name is going to be on the downtube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pics:

Quote Reply