Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Estimating full IM goal power and pace based on 70.3 result [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, there are guideline that can work with hr. But those same upper limits you set might be problematic if you were going into a B race under a high training load with a suppressed hr. Under high fatigue, hr simply wont want to go up and you could be working above your limit while the Hr remain under.

Watts wont lie on that aspect. Those are factor important to take into consideration when using HR.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Estimating full IM goal power and pace based on 70.3 result [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Good luck with the training, and keep us posted on the progress/results!

I'll put that here as well. I did a short report here

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/IMMD_RR_14th_OA/_2nd_AG__P6456093/?search_string=markko#p6456093

So unfortunately my power meter crapped out and I dont have a number to compare. Bike went quite smoothly with 4.42 but run was a real struggle from the beginning ending up with 3.34.Seems like many people struggled on the run, was a tough day.

Could be that I over biked or could be that my 10 week running pause due to broken ankle earlier in the year still had an impact on the longer day than 70.3

Anyway, going to Kona, which is nice.

Quote Reply
Re: Estimating full IM goal power and pace based on 70.3 result [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great work! congrats again!

I'm curious if you did any of the simulations before the race and how those went?
Quote Reply
Re: Estimating full IM goal power and pace based on 70.3 result [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Great work! congrats again!

I'm curious if you did any of the simulations before the race and how those went?

Thanks.

Not really, I live in Switzerland and while cycling is really great here, it is very difficult to do an Ironman type race simulation. Hard to find a spot where I could ride more than 10 minutes head down with constant power. There is always a village, intersection, traffic, hill or a mountain to disturb or interrupt the effort.

And no, I am not doing indoor 100 mile ride with constant power.

But I did some long rides and ran off of them and they certainly felt better than the race day, but rides have more variability and maybe slightly lower NP.

Anyway, can be many reasons, not sure how the time difference and relatively long flight effect the performance (I flew on tuesday). Maybe if I'm motivated to try and post a fast time I have to pick Barcelona, but at the moment I think Kona will be my 5th and final long distance one (at least for a while, lets see how the AG 50 feels when I get there....)
Quote Reply
Re: Estimating full IM goal power and pace based on 70.3 result [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where did you qualify?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Estimating full IM goal power and pace based on 70.3 result [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
where did you qualify?

IMMD in boys 45-49

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/IMMD_RR_14th_OA/_2nd_AG__P6456093/?search_string=markko#p6456093
Quote Reply

Prev Next