Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nice Bar........Shame about the price!
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget that includes the stem and brake levers.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably almost as aero as a Vision Tech base bar with clip-ons. Can't believe anybody would think they're getting significantly more performance just because they dropped $2500.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, lots of research went into those bars. That is why they cost so much.

I am sure I will see them on some guy bike at a local tri next year. He will be talking about how great they are and how fast he will be in his first triathlon.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"lots of research went into those bars."

I'd like to first see an independent wind tunnel comparison test as Kraig Willet did with a group of the latest one piece bars a couple of years ago. The test results are available for a few dollars on his site. One of the more expensive aerobars turned out to be a total dog in the wind tunnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he was kidding.

They cost a lot because they are difficult to make, and supply is low. I believe that a cheaper, slightly heavier version will be available in the future.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am sure I will see them on some guy bike at a local tri next year. He will be talking about how great they are and how fast he will be in his first triathlon. "

He will be a dentist. (Nothing against dentists, but I know several and they all seem to have too much money for toys and not enough time to be good at using any of them.)

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your busted, my dad is a dentist.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dentist took a summer off a few years ago and bicycled across Canada - on a hybrid yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funniest thing in the claims is using Roberto Heras' perfomance in the fastest Vuelta TT. Heras is no where near any of the top TT riders, and it makes me laugh that Oval products think we would be sold by the mention of this.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

He will be a dentist. (Nothing against dentists, but I know several and they all seem to have too much money for toys and not enough time to be good at using any of them.)
You're a rabid anti-dentite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes, and some slurs. 'Hey, Denty!' Next thing, you know, you're saying they should have their own schools!
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe with an 80mm drop some manufacturers are starting to wake up to the fact that not everyone wants a damn FLAT bar. Other than that, I'll stick to my base bar and Hed Fliplites at the same weight, indistinguishable aero performance, and $2000 cheaper.

Mad
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also comes with Heras' year supply of EPO, now that he no longer needs it! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they might be the bee's knees on paper, but i still think they're incredibly ugly.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

You're a rabid anti-dentite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes, and some slurs. 'Hey, Denty!' Next thing, you know, you're saying they should have their own schools!

They do have their own schools!!!

classic episode
Last edited by: hammydad: Dec 2, 05 23:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Developed and tunnel tested with F1 (car) manufacturer i believe.

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Heras effect is why they are so expensive - they are impregnated with EPO which you slowly absorb during the season... The ultimate training bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [Go Kiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but did they reformulate the EPO/resin matrix so as to slow the absorbtion rate? If they can't tweek that property sufficiently to keep you under the radar, then they're going to have to drop the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Chosen by Torbjorn Sindballe, Belinda Granger, and Michellie Jones for Kona 2005'

I think they mean 'given to'.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah no kidding. If I were given a $2500 aerobar, I think I would "chose" it too.

The Heras comment is funny too. When he went so fast in that last TT, I thought "He is on drugs." I guess it was a combination of the EPO and the bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Designed by the Jordan Formula 1 team. Worst team in formula one history, never won anything. Maybe they could use them for riding their bikes around the paddock area.

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had it, I'd buy it. But I don't, so I won't....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They look alot like the bars that Blackwell Research has coming out. Only Blackwell's don't have as much drop.

http://www.CarbonConcepts.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Bar........Shame about the price! [carbonconcepts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
They look alot like the bars that Blackwell Research has coming out. Only Blackwell's don't have as much drop.
And the Blackwell's are a lot cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out how narrow these bars are 10-19 cm center to center.Lots of folks will find riding an ironman at even 19 cm way too narrow.Even for free I couldn't usem.There is no aero if bars are too uncomfortable to use and one is sitting up all the time escaping from a contorted position.To be fair Oval's other bars are extremely adjustable.
Quote Reply