Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: aero vs. weight - required reading [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walser has a new bike. Walser 6 (at least that is what I am assuming it is called). That is what Gerolsteiner was on this year. It may be made by someone else, but it is definitely NOT a Walser 5. Levi's was special with a standard width BB shell and rear-hub spacing, but everyone else's was narrow, in traditional Walser fashion...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: aero vs. weight - required reading [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
more info on the model6?

I have been talking with Andy (Walser) and he mentioned nothing about it...

if you have info/links, lemme see...

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/updateframesetcall?openform&05tdfSt1

That's the frame. If you look at the seattube/seatstay junction, you can see the difference from the 5.

Here's the thread on it. Some people said it was an FES.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=449105;search_string=troll;#449105

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: aero vs. weight - required reading [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, you are right, the 5 has more room from the end of the seatpost to the end of the frame..

best pic I can find showing this is:

http://lswt.com/images/gallery/images/Levi_leipheimer_wind_tunnel_specialized.jpg

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever dude,

You can go on thinking what you like, all the parts you pointed out are pretty far from the most aero set-up you can get. That said, if you want something as light and aero as you can get- copy what CSC has- it will be pretty damn close.

I don't buy what you just said...

my lightest wheels are also my most aero... a set of lews that are 1120g

my new $225 abici time machime is 1625g...or about a pound heavier than my c40, but still on the light side (and about a pound lighter than your new tiemeyer).

I am really curious about how much the hooker weights and will strip it down later and weight it (I understand that they are heavy, and I know that the steel fork is)...

an accell disc weights under 900g...

the visiontech bars are another example...the ttx another (posted elsewhere)... and on and on...

it is just about correct equipment selection. and if you look, you will find tools that are both aero and light. and so, all things CAN be equal (if you look and make an informed decision)...

And I guess the point that I am making about all of this stuff is that people should make informed decisions. And just because a manufacturer calls something aero doesn't make it so. And that something that is called aero but weights a TON is not a good equipment decision.

k?
Quote Reply
Re: aero vs. weight - required reading [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is like a rephrasing of the famous Keith Bontrager saying, "light, strong, cheap, pick two".

"light, aero, cheap, pick two"

If you are building a tri or TT bike and your budget only allows for you to achieve aero or light you should probably go for the most aero item, unless a very slightly less aero item weighs a hell of a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: aero vs. weight - required reading [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously? what is more aero than an accell lenticluar disc?

or visiontech bars?

what oh great one do you know that we do not...

please, enlighten us...

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the hopes of killing a thread I will admit that you know all, I know nothing and aero tests at biketechreview are wrong.

You own a Hooker, you should know better. Do you have the full daddy with stem, bars, brakes, narrow fork and wheel? If the Hooker is at your ideal tt position there are few faster choices made today. What make a Hooker bad on climbs is not the weight, it is the flex and the fact that most of them were designed for about 25cm drop with a 74 degree seat angle.
Quote Reply

Prev Next