Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skin cooler short sleeve top and arm coolers, numbers??
Quote | Reply
I've had multiple AK's, pre cancers and basil cell cancers over the years and I'm thinking the Desoto short sleeve top combined with their arm coolers would be perfect for me.

Some questions, can I wear them both under a full wet suit? And if it's not a wet suit legal race (high temps) would that still be IM legal as well?

Lastly, what about numbering, my arms would be covered completely? Sure they could number me prior to putting the top and sleeves on but I would hate to see $200 worth of DeSoto gear ruined by magic marker bleed through.

Thanks

Ron W
Quote Reply
Re: Skin cooler short sleeve top and arm coolers, numbers?? [rjsurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjsurfer wrote:
I've had multiple AK's, pre cancers and basil cell cancers over the years and I'm thinking the Desoto short sleeve top combined with their arm coolers would be perfect for me.

Some questions, can I wear them both under a full wet suit? And if it's not a wet suit legal race (high temps) would that still be IM legal as well?

Lastly, what about numbering, my arms would be covered completely? Sure they could number me prior to putting the top and sleeves on but I would hate to see $200 worth of DeSoto gear ruined by magic marker bleed through.

Thanks

Ron W

I wear sleeves and have the same concern as you, as far as having more skin coverage. I've worn them under a wetsuit with no issues. I have not worn them without a wetsuit as I usually have them rolled up on my aerobars ready to pull on in T1 (or while riding just out of T1).

My understanding of Ironman rules is that nothing can extend past the elbow, so you could not wear them during a non-wetsuit legal swim..

Emilio De Soto actually posted a video on rolling these on a while back. This method works well...otherwise you're trying to stretch them on and it is difficult to do when you're wet. His method is definitely the way to go.

https://www.desotosport.com/...y-to-don-arm-coolers

I really like the sleeves and would highly recommend them.

As far as body markings....I've made the mistake of getting my arms marked before putting them on, and got market on them. With some luck, I got the stain out but I would not recommend that. Since I wear a De Soto sleeved top, I don't have any bare skin above my wrist. I ask for the body marking to be put on the back of my hand and have had no issues.
Last edited by: dprocket: Jul 27, 17 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: Skin cooler short sleeve top and arm coolers, numbers?? [rjsurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have worn the arm coolers on a bike leg after putting them on in T1, they didn't fit well under my DeSoto wet suit top-I use his two piece. I have also worn the long sleeve DeSoto cooler shirt for half and full distance runs- either I pulled a trisuit down to the waist or just wore it over tri bibs coming out of T2. I don't know the legality of the arm or long sleeve for a non wet suit swim. I have used the leg coolers as sun protection on long rides but never raced with them. I burn super easy and have had really good experiences with the product line. It really doesn't take much time in transition to implement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjsurfer wrote:

Thanks

Ron W

I wear the Forza sleeved trisuit + arm sleeves underneath my wetsuit. No issues with the sleeves during the swim and they stay in place when stripping my wetsuit off. I don't body mark my arms, I'll mark the backs of my hands if I have to.

For non wetsuit legal races, roll them up or leave them them on the bike and roll them on once moving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP back,

I forgot the trick of rolling the arm coolers up for a quick getaway at T1.

If they'll accept putting the numbers on the back of the hand that solves that issue.

I guess I'm "covered" then, wet suit legal I'll have both the short sleeve top and arm coolers on, no wet suit, I can swim with just the short sleeve top and use the rolled up arm coolers at T1.

LP 2018 here I come.

Ron W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjsurfer wrote:

LP 2018 here I come.

Ron W

See you there!
Quote Reply
Re: Skin cooler short sleeve top and arm coolers, numbers?? [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A company in the UK does arm number holders for time trials. No pinz. http://nopinz.uk/...nz-speedwallet-arms/
Not sure if you could do your own number and put it inside the wallet or whether the race referee would allow it.
Quote Reply