Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Naperville Bike Fitter Experience?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been fitted in and around Naperville, IL? I am looking for some advice/ recommendations of shops or fitters in the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Naperville Bike Fitter Experience? [severinj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spokes in Wheaton is where I've been fits couple of times for a couple of different bikes - both a road and a Tri-bike. The road bike was one that if already owned and got fit after the fact while the Tri-bike went the other route. Picked a bike that fit me.

Spokes
69 Danada Square W,
Wheaton, IL 60189
(630) 690-2050
Quote Reply
Re: Naperville Bike Fitter Experience? [brward15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did it go? What was your experience like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go see Anne Barnes at Live Grit in Chicago... Parking sucks (or at least it does to this country boy), but it's worth it. I drove down from the Grand Rapids are and was more than pleased. She posts on here...Anne, where are you?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The experience was great on both occasions. I was with them for a couple of hours each time with adjustments continually being made in order to dial things in. I also got a new saddle, adjusted my cleats, and had an insert put in one of them due to my physiological makeup. All in all they were both great experiences and I'd go back again as well as recommend it to everyone and anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spokes is good. Mainly sell Specialized and Giant tri bikes.
Also Endure It does a good fitting. Cervelo.
Both do a nice job, spend lots of time, tweak your fit later if there are issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go with Endure it on this one. Not too many options in that area and Endure It is a triathlon specific store so their experience is solely on Tri.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Naperville Bike Fitter Experience? [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spokes is affiliated with Experience Triathlon, the other large triathlon group in this area and do quite a bit of triathlon bike fitting for this group.
Also Rich Ducar in Glen Ellyn has quite a bit of experience in triathlon fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although I wasn't fitted by her, I would probably go to Anne barnes too. I was fitted by one of her colleagues when RAM existed. I met her a few times, once when my friend was looking to be fitted (before I got into tri's) and last year when I was being fitted by slowman at one of the road shows. She knows her stuff.

I'd also look into endure it. I've talked to the mechanic/fitter a few times. It was either for some bike work or at their booths at local races. I think his name is Erik. They are f.i.s.t. certified. I've only had some swim analysis from one of the co-owners (sara) and I am really happy their work.

I've gone to spoke a few times, but I wasn't too impressed.

A lot of my friends, who don't live in the city, recommend sammy's in st charles. I'm not sure who the fitter is.
Quote Reply