Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What if I don't fit in a HIM before scheduled IM?
Quote | Reply
I am 7 weeks out from Ironman Wisconsin. Following a 30 week plan that had a HIM scheduled two weekends ago. I live in a fairly remote area so finding races close by isn't always possible. There is a HIM this weekend but it's not very close, nor is it fitting in at the right time according to my training schedule. So, my question is, should I be freaking out if I can't do a HIM prior to my scheduled IM? I know it's good practice, but I've done plenty of tri's so far (sprint, oly and HIM) so I know what to expect when it comes to racing. Did anyone else only race their IM and not the recommended races if their plan called for them? I'm just trying to decide what's best in dealing with a) my training schedule (staying on track and not doing something at the wrong time), b) family obligations (I'm gone so much as is just in training alone!), and c) money for another race. I would appreciate any input and feedback if you've got it! Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: What if I don't fit in a HIM before scheduled IM? [Carrie2273] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Relax, there is nothing magic about your plan. If you do something a little different you'll be fine. If it works to do a half the experience is helpful but lots of people, including me, have done an IM without doing a 1/2.
Quote Reply
Re: What if I don't fit in a HIM before scheduled IM? [Carrie2273] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are not missing anything. I can't even think of a good reason to place a HIM on the training plan for an IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO- I wouldn't worry about it. 70.3 and IM have nothing in common.
Quote Reply
Re: What if I don't fit in a HIM before scheduled IM? [tjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tjs wrote:
IMHO- I wouldn't worry about it. 70.3 and IM have nothing in common.

Agreed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if it makes you feel better, go do one on your own-just map out your routes and use your house or car as transition.
Quote Reply