Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [Floridian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
St. Anthonys has calm water?? I understand it did this year and it did when I did it in 2003 but in 2002 and 2001 it was some of the roughest water I've ever been in. Many first timers were throwing up both those years from swallowing so much salt water.

------------------------------------------------
Fight............Finish
Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea for me!! I dont think I got within 10 hours though and it will probably take a week for them to get rid of all the duplicates and fill those spots. I could always use a new hat though, mine stink!!

Quote | Reply
I'm in for 2006. I did it in 2003, and again in 2005. The funny thing was I thought the bike course was more crowded in 2003 with participants then it was this year. It did seem as though they had changed the course somewhat between 2003 and 2005. If I recall correctly the transition area was in a different spot, and the bike course went out along the existing run course. The streets on that section were very narrow.

This year all the men's waves went out first and then the women's waves. I think the 45+ women were the 2nd women's wave. I didn't see packs of women, and the older guys I passed were strung out a lot. I didn't feel like I was getting blocked in as much as I did in 2003. I think the newbie waves that go last helps ease the congestion somewhat. I'd love it if they did a wave order similar to NYC where the 45+ women went first. That was soooooo sweet!

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [Digger262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is a part of the Gulf of Mexico - there may be a wave or 2........ way to much money for this race. hope you are in a early wave or you bike split will suck. only good thing is the location. quite a few bars within walking distance and nice views on the run!
Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [username] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What races should I do then username?
Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see ya at the race big guy.. hard to belive you and i were of the identical weight at birth. maybe even see you wednesday night for the bikes n' java grand opening..
Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjgrog,
try the tom ziebart race. fresh water and wet suit legal?
Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [username] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do!...Although I don't want the fresh water we got in the face last year like this picture shows. Hopefully we won't have rain cause Tom does put on great races.

http://www.usat-ntc.com/...6b4ffa8e436a2839efbd
Quote Reply
Re: St. Anthony's is almost full [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
valid point!
hopefuly warm also
Quote Reply

Prev Next