Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycleops Hammer
Quote | Reply
Anybody own one and have any feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops Hammer [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have owned one since April. Are you planning to use it with Zwift?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had one for a month. Came from a Powerbeam pro. So far so good.

No complaints. I use it with TR on iOS and it's been flawless. Much quieter than the wheel on trainer. Still obvious sound but it disappears quickly with TV on.

Pretty close to my quarq as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Built like a tank (a good thing). Ride feel is up there with the Kickr and Drivo, so it's not like slogging up a hill all the time. Recent firmware update included a better calibration/spindown process, I believe. The only bad feedback I've heard but not experienced is overheating of the unit on longer efforts at higher watts. Other than that people seem pretty happy with theirs.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops Hammer [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are drop out issues in certain situations with it if you are a Zwift user. Cyclops is aware and have been ''working'' on the problem for several months now. I get around it by letting my Stages control power instead of the trainer. There's a little bit of lag when cresting ''climbs'' on Zwift as well, but it's not as big of a deal as the drop outs. i've been beating the hell out of it since April at least once a week (it will get more time in winter) and no issues mechanically. I do keep a fan on it just in case.
Quote Reply