Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X
Quote | Reply
I am contemplating either the DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X swimskin for Ironman Cozumel.

Has anyone worn both of these Speed Suits?

I like the idea of the DeSoto not having a coating that will wash/wear off. (I also really apprciate how active Emilio is in the Tri community, my only concern is that i don't see anyone reviewing or comparing this suit)

I am ~1:20/100 swimmer so I won't be first or last out of the water (but my tri kit pockets tend to balloon a bit in the water... so I'll want something).

Thank you for any advice,
Skot

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not order both and swim in both and return the one you do not want? We offer that guarantee even after you have used it, but does the other brand? If they do not, then that may speak of their confidence, or lack there of , in their product.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Why not order both and swim in both and return the one you do not want? We offer that guarantee even after you have used it, but does the other brand? If they do not, then that may speak of their confidence, or lack there of , in their product.
^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love De Soto products and policies but this response struck me as a bit immature from the Company owner, especially since it strongly--and incorrectly--implies that Roka doesn't offer a similar guarantee as De Soto when, in fact, it does

But agreed as to trying both. One advantage that Roka offers that De Soto doesn't and helps for my particular sizing/fit is Tall versions of its swimskins (and other products)

I would also suggest at least considering Kiwami too although unfortunately they do not offer a 30-day test period.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jul 19, 17 5:41
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sorry if you found it immature, but my intention was based knowing that some companies do not allow returns after a product is used and that do not know the policies of the other company mentioned. If they offer the same return policy, then the OP is set to do a comparison test.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and advertising your great use/return policy could have been done simply by typing the first sentence of your post...but From there you went on to attack Roka and make incorrect suggestions about their policies are
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Skot!
At ROKA we do offer a 30 day return period in which you can try the Viper X in the water to ensure that the fit is correct and that it performs well.

Both the Liftfoil3 and the Viper X use a italian knit textile fabric, but the Viper X does use a "no sew" thermo bonded and taped construction to reduce drag, weight and chafing compared to traditional sewing methods. The Viper X also has additional support taping through the core to reduce fatigue as your swim progresses.

If you have any questions about the Viper X or finding the proper size feel free to reach out to us!

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skot123 wrote:
I am contemplating either the DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X swimskin for Ironman Cozumel.

Has anyone worn both of these Speed Suits?

I like the idea of the DeSoto not having a coating that will wash/wear off. (I also really apprciate how active Emilio is in the Tri community, my only concern is that i don't see anyone reviewing or comparing this suit)

I am ~1:20/100 swimmer so I won't be first or last out of the water (but my tri kit pockets tend to balloon a bit in the water... so I'll want something).

Thank you for any advice,
Skot

My N=1 is that you can't go wrong with DeSoto products. And I think I almost have 1 of everything. Multiples of a lot of stuff. I don't even bother looking elsewhere anymore.
And no I am not sponsored or an ambassador, just a person who appreciated a good product AND excellent after-sale service. For me the latter is just as important as the former.
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto Liftfoil3 Speed Skin or Roka Viper X [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you are right. I apologized. I never say anything bad about any other company. Read any previous post of mine and you will see. I am not perfect, neither is my grammar and writing. English is not my first language. Once again, it was not my implication nor intention for it to be construed as you have.

Emilio De Soto II
Last edited by: Emilio: Jul 19, 17 6:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio, don't worry about it. You're not going to win with that guy and you didn't write anything wrong in your first post.

I love your products and I've been using them for almost 20 years. I do have a Roka swim skin though. There are several really good companies in the tri business, Desoto is like the old guard, Roka is the new kid on the block. Both are great companies.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply