Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do you clean your running shoes? [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put them under a fan to dry them off and leave them there. I have a fan running almost 24/7 for this stuff (run shoes and bike shoes). If they dry they won't stink. Once in a while I throw them in the washing machine on the gentle/hand wash cycle.

treyedr wrote:
This morning, I ran in 85 degree/80% humidity, windy conditions. I'm already a heavy sweater and today was no exception. By the end of my 8 mile run, my shoes were soaked with sweat. When I got home, I put them by a fan while I got ready for work. I know when I get home they will smell like bigfoot's taint and torture my olfactory nerves. I can not be the only one with this issue, so I ask you, the Slowtwitch community, for your advice on how to clean my shoes. Washing machine on delicate? Hand wash? Bleach em, burn em, and burry them in the back yard? Hoka Tracers with approx 150 miles on them, so buying a new pair isn't the answer yet.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you clean your running shoes? [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also sweat a lot. I don't do anything special with my shoes, and would never wash them. If they are soaked all the way through I hang them by the shoe laces to dry. I also rotate about 5 shirt/short combos and wash them about once a month. My running gear is relegated to the clothesline in the basement laundry room. I run almost 100% of the time outside so really don't care how much I stink. I do try to be odor free if I am running on the treadmill at the health club.
Quote Reply

Prev Next