Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

extreme fatigue that caused a DNF?
Quote | Reply
I just had a first where I had to DNF a 1/2IM before getting out of the water due to exhaustion. I only made it 1k when I honestly don't know what happened other the fact that I simply ran out of gas. When I got home from my walk of shame after my DNF, I slept for over 2.5hrs.

Two weeks prior, I had a decent 2k OWS on Friday, a 80+ mile bike ride on Saturday, and 8-mile run on Sunday. I was pretty spent when I was done but two weeks should be plenty of time to recover. My week prior to the event was moderate with a slight taper. For two days leading up to it, it felt like something was off but thought I could shake it off once I got going.

Has this happened to anyone? I've never really experienced overtraining issues like this before and never had a DNF because of this.
Quote Reply
Re: extreme fatigue that caused a DNF? [trytri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get you iron and ferritin levels checked.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
perhaps you are fighting a bug or some virus but.... i highly douth extreme fatique. it s not a session like this 2 weeks out that would end your day 1km into the swim.

something was off and you need to find the roots of it.... see if your body bounce back in the next few days and feel normal again.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suffered with extreme fatigue that resulted in a DNF. It took a while to diagnose, but it turned out that I had Lyme Disease. Consider getting tested.