Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biking Around the World - 240 miles per dAy
Quote | Reply
Some of you know of Mark Beaumont, 10 years ago he rode around the world in record time on a solo unsupported bike ride-194 days.
The record has since been re -set several times and is currently held a kiwi Andtew Nicholson at 124 days.

Beaumont is trying to raise the bar, and do it in 80 days, he'll need to average 384 km per day.
Here is the website http://www.artemisworldcycle.com
And here was day one with Si of the GCN https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HmkFbtAl8U4

I hope he makes it

res, non verba
Last edited by: RoYe: Jul 11, 17 16:39
Quote Reply
Re: Biking Around the World - 240 miles per dAy [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool. Thank you for the heads up. I will keep watch. My ass and neck hurt just thinking about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a lot of conversations over the years with Mark. I contacted him about the Koga Miyata bike he used on his tour in 2007 and I ended up getting the same bike for my trip around the world. I've been following him ever since with his 2007 tour, his tour in Africa and now am following his progress in his 80-day effort.

He's a very humble guy and despite not having the speed you would usually associate with someone trying to bike 240 miles a day, he does have incredible endurance and mental strength.

I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is check on his progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Biking Around the World - 240 miles per dAy [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I had a lot of conversations over the years with Mark. I contacted him about the Koga Miyata bike he used on his tour in 2007 and I ended up getting the same bike for my trip around the world. I've been following him ever since with his 2007 tour, his tour in Africa and now am following his progress in his 80-day effort.

He's a very humble guy and despite not having the speed you would usually associate with someone trying to bike 240 miles a day, he does have incredible endurance and mental strength.

I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is check on his progress.

http://www.artemisworldcycle.com/the-challenge/the-bike/
This trip , he's using the koga Kimera, carbon frame, hydrau disc brakes, DI2 11, Corima wheels, schwalbe tires.
His training ride for this tour was CAIRO TO CAPETOWN unsupported solo!

If you go around the world, keep a vlog or facebook page, I'd love to hear about it.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This trip , he's using the koga Kimera, carbon frame, hydrau disc brakes, DI2 11, Corima wheels, schwalbe tires.
His training ride for this tour was CAIRO TO CAPETOWN unsupported solo!

In 2007 he used the Koga Miyata World Traveller which I also had. It's a great bike.

If you go around the world, keep a vlog or facebook page, I'd love to hear about it.

I already did it and my trip ended by getting hit by a pick up truck in Oregon back in 2014 (I did bike about 33,000 km to that point though). I thought my bike survived but when I looked closely, there was a big bend in the aluminum frame which was a death blow. I survived also (but had a concussion, 2 collapsed lungs and 14 broken ribs) and just now ready to get back on a bike but will stay in the park here to avoid cars...
Quote Reply