Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Long rides-Are they overused in a training plan? [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the video - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4931310#p4931310

It was all the rage last year. What happened to polarised training? Not envouge enough anymore? Everyone gone back to FTP and working at threshold? Honestly some people change their mind like changing seasons..........

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Last edited by: earthling: Jul 10, 17 11:02
Quote Reply
Re: Long rides-Are they overused in a training plan? [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

just found this thread while i was looking for a bit of "encouragement" for my next IM. This week end i've had to cut my 'long ride' to only 4h10' indoor ride. During my IM training season is not the first time that this happen so now i start tapering (23 sept the race) with no more than 8 hours per week on the bike.

I've tried to make all my indoor session harder than my hypothetical IM race pace. A lot of Z3 efforts and when in Z2 ...always in the upper limit of Z2. This weekend rides were done at Z3.1 saturday (before a 1h tempo run) a Z2.9 sunday (just 3 watts under Z3) indoor but generally speaking when i'm indoor (and i ride indoor a lot...) i'm always near lower Z3.

Hope this could help...
Quote Reply
Re: Long rides-Are they overused in a training plan? [Fab4mas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read this before but didn't comment.

This year i raced short course and unlike previous years, did several 5 hour rides.

My FTP is up and I'm much stronger for 2+ hours on the mountain bike so i feel they helped me. I suppose people respond to different stimuli.
Quote Reply

Prev Next