Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TdF Stage 2: Dusseldorf to Liege. Time for Sprinters [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geauxTT wrote:
Quote:
Sagan got out sprinted in the end by almost all the fast guys

I wouldn't say Sagan got out sprinted. His wheel tactics today didn't work as the Cofidis lead guy pulled off when he saw Bouhanni on Sagan's wheel, leaving Sagan out front by himself. At that point, any sprinting would just be towing Bouhanni to make the jump at the line. He waited to see what the field would do, and by the time he started his sprint, Colbrelli from Bahrain-Merida moved from the middle of the road across both Sagan's and Bouhanni's lines causing both riders to break their rhythm enough to leave them out of contention. It would had been a different outcome for Sagan and Bouhanni had Colbrelli just held his line.

Good analysis, 100% agree. I would also add that Bora seemed a bit lost in the run in.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 2: Dusseldorf to Liege. Time for Sprinters [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
geauxTT wrote:
Quote:
Sagan got out sprinted in the end by almost all the fast guys

I wouldn't say Sagan got out sprinted. His wheel tactics today didn't work as the Cofidis lead guy pulled off when he saw Bouhanni on Sagan's wheel, leaving Sagan out front by himself. At that point, any sprinting would just be towing Bouhanni to make the jump at the line. He waited to see what the field would do, and by the time he started his sprint, Colbrelli from Bahrain-Merida moved from the middle of the road across both Sagan's and Bouhanni's lines causing both riders to break their rhythm enough to leave them out of contention. It would had been a different outcome for Sagan and Bouhanni had Colbrelli just held his line.

Good analysis, 100% agree. I would also add that Bora seemed a bit lost in the run in.

This wasn't Sagan's stage, nor Matthew's or anyone other than the pure power guys, Kittel, Demare, Greipel. Guys we're trying to finish and keep riding for 3 more weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 2: Dusseldorf to Liege. Time for Sprinters [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I subscribed to fuboTV but have been disappointed they don't have a 1-hour type recap or the ability to fastforward through the recorded program. I can still cancel. How do I watch the ~1hr highlight show each day with only Internet access. I know this has been discussed but I just need a super simple answer. Thanks1
Quote Reply

Prev Next