Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn. We'll be in Dubrovnik Croatia sometime around the Wildflower date. Guess it is Oceanside for 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny since I definitely have a boner for SD. I haven't used the word boner since middle school-love it!

Thanks I needed that!
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
That's funny since I definitely have a boner for SD. I haven't used the word boner since middle school-love it!

Thanks I needed that!

Can confirm. Live in SD, currently have perpetual boner.

Note: Also suffer from empty wallet due to housing cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guscrown wrote:
yrebetta wrote:

Thanks I needed that!

Can confirm. Live in SD, currently have perpetual boner.

Note: Also suffer from empty wallet due to housing cost.
In SD?! Funny. When we travel to SD we marvel at how cheap the real estate is compared to Seattle. (San Fran peeps are probably saying the same thing about Seattle.)
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Overall that statement is grossly inaccurate. But for fun let's assume you are right...Seattle RE should be more since you pay zero income tax. And with those savings you can buy plenty of slickers and galoshes and bike fenders. Just sayin. :)

SD is worth every boner and every penny. We enjoy rubbing our two nickels together down here!
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
SD is worth every boner and every penny. We enjoy rubbing our two nickels together down here!

Yeah, I agree. I live down in Chula and don't want to live anywhere else in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just tried registering and clicking the general entry registration link sends me to the active page for the IM Foundation slot ($700). General entry is probably sold out huh but they haven't updated the page huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [norbertIII] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sold out. In 2 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a hotel room booked for Oceanside and early reg. opportunity, but decided to let it slide for 2018, probably back to Wildflower instead.

Funny enough, I was looking for a prior WF reg just to see what they were charging, and found my 2010 Rohto Oceanside 70.3 entry receipt. $315. And that was when you could register for months before sellout. So prices haven't shot up that much actually, even though it feels that way (although that includes active fees I'm sure)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 11, 17 13:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad I jumped on that from the get go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guscrown wrote:
It sold out. In 2 hours.

I guess that answers the original question of whether or not the fee is worth it! Glad I got in this time around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
guscrown wrote:
It sold out. In 2 hours.

I guess that answers the original question of whether or not the fee is worth it! Glad I got in this time around.

Yup. I also got in as soon as it opened. This will be my first 70.3
Last edited by: guscrown: Jul 11, 17 13:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in too. 10th (-ish, lost count) half, but first time at Oceanside. Been in north SD county for vacation several times. It is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You said you want to do the race, you know that tri's cost. So sign up. What does is it worth it mean? What do the Chinese owners have to do with your complaint.
With Ironman you know you will get a solid venue, good competition, and a good overall event.
But that cost money. Road. Police. Water. VOLUNTEERS. Access to the Marine base. Insurance. Etc etc etc.

Yes this is a rant, but seriously what do you the event to be free. $150?
If so go do HIITs Palm Springs with 200 racers in a mud puddle on the only weekend it rains and is below 60 degree in the dessert.
Otherwise pull you checkbook out pay and have a good race experience.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside entry fee - worth it? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:
You said you want to do the race, you know that tri's cost. So sign up. What does is it worth it mean? What do the Chinese owners have to do with your complaint.
With Ironman you know you will get a solid venue, good competition, and a good overall event.
But that cost money. Road. Police. Water. VOLUNTEERS. Access to the Marine base. Insurance. Etc etc etc.

Yes this is a rant, but seriously what do you the event to be free. $150?
If so go do HIITs Palm Springs with 200 racers in a mud puddle on the only weekend it rains and is below 60 degree in the dessert.
Otherwise pull you checkbook out pay and have a good race experience.

this is a better alternative in san diego. http://www.chulavistachallenge.com/

hits palm springs would be good if they didnt schedule it during monsoon season (dec-feb), have you complained to them at all to make the change? it cant be just me..

there are many races in san diego for that matter... why does is always have to be long distance? an excuse to go slow?

all koz events (a race every month may-october)
san diego triathlon classic
lifetime san diego
carlsbad triathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next