Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

jkhayc, is it a little better for you today?
Quote | Reply
are we more entertaining this friday? ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: jkhayc, is it a little better for you today? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno about him, but kiley promised that thing would be out mid-week. Didn't come out 'til Friday...

where's my pitchfork?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where's Hotman657?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TGIF
Quote Reply
Re: jkhayc, is it a little better for you today? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
TGIF

The Tour De France starts tomorrow and you guys are whining it is boring on ST? What's wrong with this place?
Quote Reply
Re: jkhayc, is it a little better for you today? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, the TdF is actually pretty boring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
well, the TdF is actually pretty boring.

OK, if the forum is boring and the TdF is boring, perhaps it takes a lot to entertain you. That's your loss, in that life is too short to not derive enjoyment out of pretty well every circumstance (positive and negative, then can all be entertaining). I am probably answering you too seriously, but it's partially true. When people tell me how boring something is, or how annoying something is, I suggest to them to take the view out of Nelson Mandela's room on Robben Island to get a reality check on how good their lives are:

Bottom line if our lives have enough resources to be able to frequent a forum like this and do some of these sports, it's pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: jkhayc, is it a little better for you today? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow dev, real downer. TdF is still boring though. Too many pay too close attention to their powermeters. No risk or EPO fueled attacks anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
wow dev, real downer. TdF is still boring though. Too many pay too close attention to their powermeters. No risk or EPO fueled attacks anymore.

In text it is hard to tell how serious someone is or not. I would love to see powermeters, bike computers (enough info there if you have percent grade and speed) and race radios all banned. Would be even better if the motos did not provide the chalkboard splits to "tete du course"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm being sarcastic about the doping, as i find that deplorable. but i totally agree about removing some of those elements of bike racing. it sometimes feels as though it's more about not wanting to lose than wanting to win at the TdF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
i'm being sarcastic about the doping, as i find that deplorable. but i totally agree about removing some of those elements of bike racing. it sometimes feels as though it's more about not wanting to lose than wanting to win at the TdF.

Yeah, I agree about the doping part too. Imagine if you had zero race radios and no idea how far up the road the breakaway is. This would dramatically transform the races making things wildly unpredictable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they still do a couple of radioless stages? I remember they experimented with them a few years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: jkhayc, is it a little better for you today? [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FyreHaar wrote:
Do they still do a couple of radioless stages? I remember they experimented with them a few years ago.

I don't think so they had too big of temper tantrums and said it wasn't safe.
Quote Reply