Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tremblant No Pass Zone at 70.3...
Quote | Reply
So the no pass zones today were very straightforward, easy to see, fast.

But, while going through the one on the descent from Lac Superior, fairly high speed, about halfway through it this guy in Boston tri club suit (blue with two green stripes going down the back) comes FLYING by us all right on the yellow line, and almost collides head on with a race official's motorbike coming uphill in the opposite lane. Couldn't believe it.

And there you have it, thats why there are the odd accidents there, because of idiots like him, not because of any prob with the course. I'm guessing he didn't get DQd as I'm not sure how they would have gotten his number. I passed him after we were through the zone, but we were going fast and his number wasn't displayed easily to see on his bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant No Pass Zone at 70.3... [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like you just described the kit of the boston triathlon team

http://www.bostontriteam.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As president of the Boston Triathlon Team (BTT), I can assure you that we strongly encourage all of our members to follow the rules of racing and the rules of the road while training. Therefore, I'm sorry to hear of this incident and glad it did not cause any accidents. I have notified all members who raced this past weekend of this post --- sprint, olympic, and 70.3 --- so that they are aware. I am hopeful that the next time you race with a BTT member that it will be a more positive experience.

Sincerely,
Mary Beth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We could start a Twitchhunt. The Boston Tri Team website lists the names & finishing times of their members who raced at IM MT 70.3. Should be fairly easy to figure this one out.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant No Pass Zone at 70.3... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
We could start a Twitchhunt. The Boston Tri Team website lists the names & finishing times of their members who raced at IM MT 70.3. Should be fairly easy to figure this one out.

I saw that. I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but not interested in any twitch hunt, wasn't my intent. I will message Mary Beth from the above post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, everyone likes a good Twitchhunt!!! I've already got my pitchfork ready!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply