Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pureflow vs Pureconnect?
Quote | Reply
Anyone used both, especially in the more recent versions (5 or 6)??
Normally run in Pureflows. It sounds like the connects are supposed to offer a little more arch support?
Quote Reply
Re: Pureflow vs Pureconnect? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
after the atrocity that was the pureflow 5, apparently brooks made the 6 like their older style pureflows. I was looking for a shoe that was soft that i can do some easy runs in. I did however, want something that wasnt a brick. My fave was pureflow 4. I took a punt and got the 6. I have only done one run in it, but its much better than the 5 and whilst not super soft like pillows (the shoe is still new so this may change) i can tell it is still 'decent soft' and quite forgiving. I use this with brooks Launch as easy run shoes. The flow 6 has a very mild medial post it feels like, despite it being a nutral shoe.Its a nice shoe, can do long runs on it by the feel of it, without being beaten up. Size is spot on compared to older flows, no need to size up or down. I find them to be good easy run shoes, or even race shoes if you like something softer when racing. I have never tried pure connect.....oddly the inside removable sole on the pureflow has 'connect' written on it. It made me do double take to make sure i got sent the right shoe!
Quote Reply
Re: Pureflow vs Pureconnect? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm a big fan of the PF 4's as well, have a pair on right now. Those and the originals are my favorites..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you will like the 6's then im sure. Mine are still new so they arent quite as soft, but even if they stay as is in terms of break in, they are still plenty forgiving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Pureflow is a neutral shoe, no medial post.

The Pureconnect has a medial post, supposedly to help with "stability".

If you're used to the Pureflows, going to the Pureconnect is probably not a good idea.

If you're used to the Pureconnect, going to the Pureflow might be OK, depending on your running form and physiology.

I've run in the Pureflows, all generations. And all of them work fine for me. At first, I always have to keep the top of the shoe loose until I break them in a bit. Otherwise I get ankle issues. No idea why this is, but I've had probably a dozen pairs now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used both, I found the Connect to be less supportive and not last as long, I have since switched to Saucony Kinvara 7s which feel similar to the PureFlow but last longer and have IMO better support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in both PureFlow 2s and PureConnect 2s & 4s and found no discomfort moving between them.

I used P-Flow 2s as daily trainers and P-Connect 2s for faster workouts/intervals and races up to half marathon. The P-Connect 2s were, IMO, the best version of that shoe...lightweight, great roll-through, nice "mild" support. The P-Connect 4s were not nearly as "race inspired" or worthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Pureflow vs Pureconnect? [MacCTD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MacCTD wrote:
I have since switched to Saucony Kinvara 7s which feel similar to the PureFlow but last longer and have IMO better support.

+1
I found the Connects a bit over-supportive -- my outer ankle and outer calf would get really tight, which I think was form the support inhibiting my ankles' natural inward roll (pronation). The Pure Flow was my go-to shoe until version 5, which was just awful. I switched to the Kinvara, which I prefer -- it's like a softer version of the earlier Flow models.

That said, after retirement from running duties, the Connect made a better dog-walking shoe. Whatever the medial support overdid on the run was just right, for me, for walking.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Re: Pureflow vs Pureconnect? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pumped to hear this. Hated the 5's and am down to my last reserve pair of the 4's. I will give the PF6's a try.
Quote Reply