Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Workouts. What are your favorites?
Quote | Reply
     I got my CT last year and just rode the race courses. It was fun and it kept me on the trainer. This year with not much cycling in my legs the race courses just hurt y 54 yr old knees. Here's what I'm doing now: In spinscan mode warm Up 10 to 30 min depending on the time at low 110 hr, raise my watts to 220 and hold it for a minute ( I averaged about 185 watts last year) then let my hr go back down to 110 and start again 10 times, cool down 5 to 10 minutes depending on time. I lov this workout, it doesn't hurt the knees and feels like I"m building strength. How do you use your Computrainer?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Workouts. What are your favorites? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the majority of the time I ride in the watts mode. start the year at 150 and every week add 25 watts. end my computrainer year (march/april at about 250 watts for 1 hr.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only had mine for a few months, but I like riding the different courses. I'd like to find some with more variety, since it seems like they are all either too long, too short, too hard, or too easy. Mostly too short or too hard.(Have you tried the Alien Crop Circles? They'll rip your legs off!)

I do like the variation that the race courses offer, and riding a loop of IMUSA is definitely better than sitting on the spinning bike for three hours while watching LOTR: Fellowship.

Lately , I have been using SpinScan to improve my efficiency and try to improve power. I've also been doing some fit adjustments, and it's finally starting to help.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Workouts. What are your favorites? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pop it into ergometer mode and then start surfing the net (i.e. slowtwitch) and maybe have tv on in background (i.e. sugarbowl). tv and the net 2 of my bigger vices, at least i am working on base trainuing too. the games about to kick off i guess i should stop typing.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Workouts. What are your favorites? [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another great option is to buy the Topo software that Computrainer offers. I swear that has been one of my best investments in a while. I map out a lot of the courses that I have ridden in various cities around the country, as well as locally and put those on the Computrainer. I also map out various race courses that I know I am going to do so I can preview those on the Computrainer. I also find it very handy for just mapping courses to see the actual distance and climbing before I ride them real time.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is 2x20 minutes (with 5 min. rest) at as high a wattage as I can hold thru both intervals. I'm at 230 now, and hope to be at 275 by March. The 230 is a life-best, by the way. Only uphill from here!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my long ride I like to pick a speed/wattage and stick to it for 3 hrs on a flat course. I usually switch between 3 or 4 gears for 10-15 minutes apiece to see the effect on heart rate and pain level. I try to increase the speed in 3 of 4 weeks. Up to about 222 watts. The last hour can be grueling. Unfortunatly my heartrate has been drifting unacceptably high (Friel Zone 3) for the last hour. I guess I will stick at this wattage/speed until I can finish in in Zone 2. This workout is not fun or amusing but it gets results and builds great concentration skills. Very associative.
Quote Reply