Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding Near Geneva, Switzerland
Quote | Reply
My wife and I will be in Geneva for a few days in July visiting friends and I feel like I'll regret it if I don't get out for a ride. Neither my wife nor the friends we're visiting cycle, but I think I can convince one of them to go out for a few hours. Any suggestions on routes from downtown Geneva that would be appropriate for both novice and experienced riders? Is our best bet just to ride along the lake? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding Near Geneva, Switzerland [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of great options, even starting from downtown- just depends what you have in mind. The best routes will take you into France, but crossing borders is no issue for cyclists. The Saleve offers challenging climb at some steep grades, but not too long and you have a great view from the top. For nice rolling farmland terrain, I'd do a loop out past Saint-Julien en Genevois, Soral, and Malagny, then turn back in Chancy along the Route d'Chancy, which takes you all the way back to downtown. For longer climbing, there's climbing up the Jure to Col de la Faucille, starting in Gex and taking the Route de la Faucille. Awesome climb- not too hard but it makes for a nice ride from Geneva out and back.
Quote Reply