Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: C'mon Ironman - we need results [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to carry a little GPS thing with you? Is it optional?

There are some threads on here lately that suggest integrating this type of technology for anti-drafting and anti-cheating purposes. That seems like the next phase of evolution.

If they come integrate this tech into your athlete bracelet or timing chip that would be a great improvement.

My wife did the run part of the relay a few weeks ago at Victoria and the only way she had to know when to expect the biker in was through the Find My Friend app. That's ridiculous.

And I agree with many posters here that a lot of local races I do have much better tracking and results posting than Ironman. Ironman encourages families to support their athletes and then make it damn near impossible to follow them on race day.

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Re: C'mon Ironman - we need results [Hed Case] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe instead of buying races they should be buying a tech company to fix it for them. Don't keep rolling out the product if you have not got the basics right.
Quote Reply
Re: C'mon Ironman - we need results [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The online presence for Ironman events is certainly lamentable in this day & age. I can only suggest that the organisation is resting firmly on its laurels, and feels no need to provide it.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: C'mon Ironman - we need results [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing that kill me the most other than the results, is that everything they do is PDF files, even the bib lists, which would be easier to just have the site query a DB on request instead of having to build a list once a month.
Quote Reply

Prev Next