Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any experience with elliptical rings and achilles problems?
Quote | Reply
"Running" into achilles problems for the first time ever this year. Has any else out there changed to elliptical rings and developed achilles problems? I have the Rotor wide/narrow on my TT bike and this has just flared up since I started actually riding that bike again. It could just be a regular running issue but I was curious if any else had this happen when switching to elliptical rings. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Any experience with elliptical rings and achilles problems? [mr.fincher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did, lowering my seat 2 mm fixed the problem. Just enough to not over stretch something. It was a move based on the advice of a bike fitter. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Any experience with elliptical rings and achilles problems? [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that is interesting. I will give it a try!
Quote Reply
Re: Any experience with elliptical rings and achilles problems? [mr.fincher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr.fincher wrote:
"Running" into achilles problems for the first time ever this year. Has any else out there changed to elliptical rings and developed achilles problems? I have the Rotor wide/narrow on my TT bike and this has just flared up since I started actually riding that bike again. It could just be a regular running issue but I was curious if any else had this happen when switching to elliptical rings. Thanks

It makes sense though, since in order for your "main driver" muscles to be able to operate at their preferred muscle shortening speeds, that means your ankle flex changes with the non-round rings.

Of course, that also illustrates why your body basically "defeats" any theoretical benefits of non-round rings for power generation...

Quote:
“The ankle negates the chain ring,” says Leong. “Nothing from the ring gets transferred to the knee or hip.”

See: http://trstriathlon.com/...e-you-wont-let-them/

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Any experience with elliptical rings and achilles problems? [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that article was what got me thinking they could be causing this problem. I could swap the original round ring back on but it's not wide/narrow and I'm running a 1x setup with a regular DA 7800 rd
Quote Reply