Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT DU Nationals Bend, who is going? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
sciguy wrote:
Dave,

Congrats on two very solid races so far. Your runs were pretty darn stellar. It would appear that the "other Dave" has both the run and the bike pretty well mastered and at the ripe old age of 63 too;) Still and all a second and third are pretty darn special.

Thanks. Very proud of my results with such a poor bike. But as i keep saying when one gets in the 60 and ovet ag speed for most goes away as can be seen by results. Got a second in the standard race. 3rd in the sprint. Second standard grandmaster. Third sprint grandmaster. Run all the tuns sub 7. Real proud of my 6:23 pace for the last sprint run which got my the second wotld invite to demark in 2018 for teamusa. Now i still need to brainstorm was to improve on the bike :)

Congrats on your finishes.

Want to get better on the bike - ride more, ST less.....
Quote Reply
Re: USAT DU Nationals Bend, who is going? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
sciguy wrote:
Dave,

Congrats on two very solid races so far. Your runs were pretty darn stellar. It would appear that the "other Dave" has both the run and the bike pretty well mastered and at the ripe old age of 63 too;) Still and all a second and third are pretty darn special.

Thanks. Very proud of my results with such a poor bike. But as i keep saying when one gets in the 60 and ovet ag speed for most goes away as can be seen by results. Got a second in the standard race. 3rd in the sprint. Second standard grandmaster. Third sprint grandmaster. Run all the tuns sub 7. Real proud of my 6:23 pace for the last sprint run which got my the second wotld invite to demark in 2018 for teamusa. Now i still need to brainstorm was to improve on the bike :)

Congrats on your finishes.

Want to get better

on the bike - ride more, ST less.....

I bike plenty. How i train during that time on the bike is what i need to look at

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done on the second 2nd. Now if the other David hadn't been there you'd have been sitting in the cat bird's seat. That 61 year old gal came awfully close to chicking you in the overall due to her fast biking. As you say it's the total time;)

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some nice solid races there Dave, and the non draft sprint between Burkhart and Resh must have been amazing to watch. Two old dudes blowing chunks all the way to the finish!! And Tom Resh is an old friend of mine, he was on that triathlete team that did the Redlands stage race back in 1993. He was a very good bike racer for a lot of years, so no surprise that he smoked everyone on the bike. And in his youth he was a pretty good runner too, so good DU material.

His wife was an old pro triathlete too, think she won her races there too, Patty Peoples..If you ever run into them say hi, super nice peeps..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on three races and nice meeting you, Dave.

Hope you enjoyed your first DL race. I'll send you the bill for "pulling" you up the climb on the first lap :-). Great run - I could see you bearing down on me when we turned left on York Drive. I did manage to hold you off but you out-split me. Congrats again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next