Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

One more item
Quote | Reply
Good Friday to all!

Big thank you for the all the insights pertaining to my previous post and questions

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Alpe_De_Huez_Long_Distance_P6307363/?search_string=yakie54#p6307363

I've one more question, I need to replace my cranks soon. I've been riding 175's for years, but w/all the talk about going shorter, I was wondering if I should drop down to 170's?? My inseam is about 32" The race is July 27 (8 weeks out)

Any input would be great. Thanks!

USAT L2 TriAUS L2 UC Irvine head coach "The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Quote Reply
Re: One more item [Yakie54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
175 sounds quite big for you. I have 35" inseam and usually ride a 175. I currently have a 172.5 on my roadie only as it was going spare. I think I prefer the slightly shorter one.

I'm sure a 170 will be ok for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump

USAT L2 TriAUS L2 UC Irvine head coach "The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art."
Leonardo da Vinci
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar inseam at 6'0" and went from 175 to 172.5 and am happy with the change. I would say to do it. It does help with hip angle in a lower position. On a TT bike, I would consider 170.0. I have a size 12 foot, so I don't want to go much shorter than 172.5. (I don't know if foot length matters in all that equation – not interested in debating crank length and think that there is a point where they can get "too short.") I would definitely switch to 172.5. It's a subtle change but it does feel better for me, and I live in a hilly area with lots of climbing.
Quote Reply