Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman 70.3 Finland (Lahti) [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike course on Strava: "IRONMAN 70.3 Finland official" Strava segment by "Nokian Tyres IRONMAN 70.3 Finland´s PR manager Kalle Kotiranta and Finnish age grouper time trialist Janne Elkala" (via FB post by the organizers.)

Apparently there is a course preview scheduled for next Saturday (May 19th); register here by Wednesday May 16th (30 € fee.)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Finland (Lahti) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how was the race? I bailed for a couple of reasons.

I posted this in another thread regarding Jonkoping:

The longer version is I’m not racing that or Lahti this past weekend. Main reason was cost of flights. I could not find flights cheaper than $2,000 per ticket and I needed to buy four. I’m not hurting for money or anything but on principle alone I wasn’t paying $8,000 just to get there. Then I had two weeks of hotels, food, entertainment, etc. Second reason for no Jonkoping was that my wife found out she had to be at a work meeting on Monday the 9th. So I would have missed Jonkoping anyway.

I also had a bike crash about six weeks ago which would have knocked me out of both races anyway. I couldn’t run for four weeks and I still can’t bike or swim because of damage to my hand, elbow, and shoulder.

So we did a cruise to Alaska last week and I am currently typing this from my hotel room in Whistler, where we are staying for week two of the vacation. So some lemonade out of lemons.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next