Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend Triathlon camps?
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, graduating high school this year, and loving my second year in triathlon. I've got all my equipment bases covered, and the best thing I could think to spend money on now is a good tri camp to gain experience and just live like a pro for a week! Please share any experiences you have with an advanced camp that might help me find the thing I'm looking for. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend Triathlon camps? [trev699] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't waste my money on a camp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was your age, me and 1-3 buddies just booked a Cycling / Tri- friendly Hotel at some nice riding/swimming locale (Lanzarote, Canary Islands), maybe with the options of a couple of lessons from a local swim coach.

We brought along our own training plan that we had set up (granted, we had some support/experience from our Tri- Club doing that).

This way we were flexible, could adjust schedule and be on our own time (drop a rainy ride or stop for food on our own schedule), without being told what to do.

Great memories of some cool late night partying during those trips too....try that during an organized camp!
Last edited by: windschatten: May 21, 17 23:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I've learned a lot at the camps I've gone to. I'm not an elite athlete but I've gone from BOP to MOP over the last few years. There are a lot of little easy wins I would have picked up on my own.
unfortunately, our squad's camp won't be until next spring so not much help to you now.
Quote Reply