Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac!
Quote | Reply
https://instagram.com/p/BUTvuQGg58F/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: May 20, 17 2:47
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worst fitting draft box ever

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

X1

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

from x-lab.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Felt made those accessories

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully the calcack is better.... Looks like the latch system is improved, but who knows... Been a long time coming and still not holding my breath.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure hope the draft box is still an early prototype version, as it sure doesn't look like a refined well fitting item! the calpac looks interesting though, curious as to the details of the calpac, almost looks like it might be hinged?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The updated calpac actually looks like the rumor we heard earlier. It does resemble the Profile Design ATTK system.

That draft box on the other hand...what an abomination. I'd give my bike away before considering buying one of those.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

It looks like the Torhans logo on the draft box. Sort of looks like their aero bento as well. The BTA and BTS cages/mounts are X-lab
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

click on the accessories and up comes "xlab accessories".
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn't mean Xlab made them. There are other Xlab items on that bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Yes but it only points directly to the BTA.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks 3d printed to me. A lot of rough lines on the draft box. Nothing is going to look really good back there give the tube shape.

ChrisT wrote:
Billyk24 wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Yes but it only points directly to the BTA.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We did not make the box on the back nor the bento. Knowing Felt, they made those themselves.

Daniela uses our Delta 400 rear system, Aero TT frame system and Versa 500 BTA system thus why she tagged us and you see the name.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
We did not make the box on the back nor the bento. Knowing Felt, they made those themselves.

Daniela uses our Delta 400 rear system, Aero TT frame system and Versa 500 BTA system thus why she tagged us and you see the name.

Thanks Candice. That's what I thought (the rear cage and BTA mounts being yours). The bento may be a felt custom piece, but if that draft box is anything other than a high school 3-d art project someone needs to be fired.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing manufactured using traditional methods is going to be awesome back there.

However, there's nothing stopping you from creating it with actual intelligent choice and the flexibility of 3D printing.

I large box would probably take 4-5 hours to print, and maybe $10-20 depending on the material. The high end gets you carbon fiber infused material and is pretty awesome.

I have the fitment figured out at the top connecting to the seat post (for the older model) down to about 1cm overlapping the frame. I will be making a few more tweaks to that interface to get it perfect, and then it's just a matter of extending the size to 20cm tall or whatever to fit a tire lever, Co2 canister, and a tube. I will probably have a functional model in a week or two, depending on how fancy I get on the top.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds interesting. Is it something you would like to share? I have a IA 14 size 56, and access to a printer at my job.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf's new Felt IA has a draft box and updated calpac! [mebwessel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I am done, for sure.

However, it will have to be modified with divets for where Felt added bosses back there. I have access to a shop where I can check fitment though.
Quote Reply