-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [rsmithone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post it on YouTube and paste link here maybe? Would love video if it. Saw the picture someone posted but video is always better!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [flowersofmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So after doing some digging and questioning my lawyer dad and asking around it seems that a permit for a race is unlikely to get given without some type of insurance. So did he have outside insurance since he was waiting for Friday to sanction the race with USAT? It also seems that USAT wants sanctioning way earlier than a day in advance. I mean how was he supposed to get race officials less than 24 hours in advance. Hopefully someone else has more answers to my questions but I am not sure if there are other RDs on the site who can speak up and give us some insight.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Morseman Tri"? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm posting this info on the Facebook page as well, but I want to make sure everyone who was impacted see this! USAT is launching an investigation because of all the complaints they received over the weekend. If they find evidence of fraud, they can take action. Tim at USAT would like to hear from everyone so please call him! 719-597-9090.

I also understand that Active.com intends to ban him from using their services again.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Morseman Tri"? [flowersofmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I will give him a call to inform him of my experience.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay. Here is the video link:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Seems as if he made the decision to cancel the race a bit earlier than he said! Assuming he planned to put it on to begin with.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Morseman Tri"? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody else get an email about it being rescheduled for September 30?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Morseman Tri"? [gibbby1221] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup! This leads me to think he really had no intention to put it on in May. It's great he rescheduled it but it never should have been cancelled in the first place. Now he gets to put on a race with like 30 people and say "see I'm a good RD since I made it up to everyone by rescheduling it."

I'm still working on a dispute with my CC company but think it'll be hard to prove he didnt have his stuff together to put the race on in May. They told me to get people to back me up and that would help and I was thinking about making an online petition for it but wasn't sure how to get it out to different competitors to sign.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He also picked the weekend of the Naptown Half which I'm already signed up for and really looking forward to, Racemaker Productions puts on awesome races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well the make up date was supposed to be today. But guess what? Cancelled at 1 this morning through email. I wasn't there but reading FB page people are saying TJ wasn't even there this morning to tell people the race was cancelled.

It's pretty sad/amusing how hard he defended his first cancellation and now he cancelled it again. So anyone thinking of doing one of his races I suggest you think twice.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, cancelled again. Crazy! I'm very glad I decided to do naptown instead of this race. If anyone is in town I know that there are still some spots for naptown left for tomorrow and you can register at packet pick-up today at Eagle Creek Park. It's on the west side of Indy about 30 min from where Moorse reservoir. However, you need to rack your bike tonight since it's a 2 transition race.

http://racemaker.org/event/naptown-triathlon/

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've spoken to a few people in the area and apparently this is TJ's MO.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [gibbby1221] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad to say I'm hearing the same things. Glad I got my money back after he first cancellation.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No freaking way! I got my money back through a CC dispute so I kind of put this behind me, but I did check up on the Facebook page earlier last week and it looked like there was actually going to be a race. Even had USAT sanction this time! That's pretty astounding.

It looks like the Facebook page is gone this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [flowersofmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is "TJ"?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know anything about the "Norseman Tri"? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ Tryon is the race director and an old USAT ref. From what I've been told about him as a ref, if he wasn't handing out penalties like candy he wasn't doing job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not been overly impressed with the other events TJ has put on, and it sounds like this may be the last gasps of a dying event production company. I know it's hard out there, but communication and face time go a long way. Has anyone looked into whether permits were actually pulled? I've heard grumblings (total speculation as far as I can tell) that in some cases, he hadn't even attempted to get permits for some of the races he's cancelled in the past. I can't substantiate those claims, but surely someone, somewhere can check on that?

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply

Prev Next