Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ZIPP Tangente Speed SL tubular in rainy conditions?
Quote | Reply
How does ZIPP Tangente SL Speed tubular behave in the rain? Review from road.cc describes tire's behavior in wet conditions as "skittish", but I'm not sure what riding conditions this relates to (i.e. group ride or TT?).

I have one glued to my Zipp 808 (front) for racing and love it. However there is 60% chance of rain for a 70.3 this weekend. I have never ridden this (front) tire in the rain. The course is not overly technical.

Should I ride Zipp 808 with SL Speed tubular in the front, or should I swap my front wheel for a trainer wheel (axis 2.0 with continental GP4000s)? All things considered I would like to go faster, but don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Rear tire is Continental tubular, which I have ridden in the rain before and am not concerned about.
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP Tangente Speed SL tubular in rainy conditions? [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm currently running a Speed SL 27 on my Stinger Disc. Last May at my favorite 40K rain was coming down hard and winds were real high. I had zero issues, no "oh shit" moments, and I think I could have gone harder than I did through the turns. Now, it is a completely flat course and only has 3 right hand turns, but at no time did I think I was on ice as Zipp's literature had me thinking might be the case.

Granted, this isn't a report from a technical crit in a pack of 100, but it's all I got and perhaps applicable to your situation. I hope it helps

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: May 18, 17 15:55
Quote Reply